2016 vs 2018+ LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, newish here, been lurking awhile. In the market for a 200, migrating from 2004 T4R owned since new. Looking at later 200s to duplicate the tech found in our other vehicle, a 2019 Sienna Limited. Use will be 80% grocery getter and ski wagon. No off-road as a hobby, but the other 20% is off-road by necessity, mostly hunting.

We'd settled on 2018+ to get all the possible features, but it looks like we're going to have a local opportunity for a 2016. Interested in board thoughts 2016 vs. 2018+.

Thanks

Replying to my own question, partially from embarrassment as the board suggested some similar threads as soon as I posted. :bang:

Anyway, I'm aware of the radiator issue. Also the KDSS bolt change and the airbag button (don't care either way). I'm interested in what other features may be missing from the 2016. Got to be honest, I love the power lift gate on the Sienna.

I have a 2018 and don’t care much about the updates. Auto-closure for the trunk is occasionally useful if I’m juggling a few bulky items out of the trunk. The Nav/infotainment is crap either way and you should check out the thread on how to nicely mount the RoadTop CarPlay screen that’s for sale on Amazon. LED lights throughout are nice, I guess, but replacing bulbs is cheap. I was happy mine didn’t come speced with the rear seat screens—people use phones and iPads these days.

You’re still looking at a post-facelift truck. I wouldn’t hesitate.

EDIT: Does the 2016 get radar cruise control? I do love that feature on long road trips.

I have a 2018 and don’t care much about the updates. Auto-closure for the trunk is occasionally useful if I’m juggling a few bulky items out of the trunk. The Nav/infotainment is crap either way and you should check out the thread on how to nicely mount the RoadTop CarPlay screen that’s for sale on Amazon. LED lights throughout are nice, I guess, but replacing bulbs is cheap. I was happy mine didn’t come speced with the rear seat screens—people use phones and iPads these days.

You’re still looking at a post-facelift truck. I wouldn’t hesitate.

EDIT: Does the 2016 get radar cruise control? I do love that feature on long road trips.
My 2016 has radar cruise control.

For LC:

2020+: new front differential design…maybe better/stronger differential carrier??

2018+: KDSS bolt change, automatically power-folding outside mirrors, late-2018s have new radiator design, late-2018s have capacitive touch screen on center display, powered lift gate, non-mandatory rear entertainment, newer transmission software (flashable on 2016-2017), and new key (very cool) design.

2016+ LC also gains bigger front brakes, 8-speed auto, semi-aniline leather of the LX, and has better buttons arrangement than prior years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom