For Sale 2016 VIN Check help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you, great tool... also looking for a VIN History is anyone has access to CarFax or??

Thank you, great tool... also looking for a VIN History is anyone has access to CarFax or??

Check the Toyota service history. A year ago a dealer told the owner they needed a new A/C compressor after owner stated the A/C would intermittently go out. There is no compressor replacement in history. And then last month the owner said A/C wasn't working and dealer reported no freon in the system. So unless the A/C system has truly been fixed by Koon's expect to be doing some work.

Also, they raised the price $1k overnight.

Great feedback folks, thank you! interesting on the A/C, great catch. I've talked to 2 people there, they both said "I'll check availability and get right back to you." Ya, neither person called me back, I hate crappy dealerships!

This LC was marked as unavailable a couple of days ago when the price was $42,5k. I snapped a screenshot of the ad, as it was priced really low, and assumed the dealer would play some games and jack the price up. The ad was removed. Today it relisted at $47k.

Fun.

6E19B751-0AFE-4B0A-A14D-22544509F998.jpeg
54DED52C-10A8-4F83-AAF2-874C9A84B2D6.jpeg

But I'm sure the A/C is fixed now :rolleyes:

And magically, there is no longer a title issue as well! (Ok, that was always a line of crud, but AC still being a potential issue is probably legit)

Sooo let's see: $42,5 --> $43,5 --> $47 and with Koons you get the pleasure of paying their $895 dealer fee.

But I'm sure the A/C is fixed now :rolleyes:

And magically, there is no longer a title issue as well! (Ok, that was always a line of crud, but AC still being a potential issue is probably legit)

Sooo let's see: $42,5 --> $43,5 --> $47 and with Koons you get the pleasure of paying their $895 dealer fee.

Oh yeah, I'm sure they 'made the A/C right' and gave it a 1,000-point certified inspection :D

What's the deal with the title fiasco? Did that pop up on the third-party Autocheck/Carfax report, or did the dealership state that it had a title problem?

I ask because it wouldn't surprise me if they mistakenly listed this 2016 incredibly low and then said there was a title issue as an excuse to pull the ad to then relist the vehicle at a $4,5k premium a couple of days later. Not that it's a bad price as is, but I find it amusing. I've seen similar LC listings over the past few years that were pulled and then relisted at a higher price. They're trying to avoid apps like CarGurus flagging the price increase and informing potential buyers - which would happen if they simply modified the same listing.

Oh yeah, I'm sure they 'made the A/C right' and gave it a 1,000-point certified inspection :D

What's the deal with the title fiasco? Did that pop up on the third-party Autocheck/Carfax report, or did the dealership state that it had a title problem?

I ask because it wouldn't surprise me if they mistakenly listed this 2016 incredibly low and then said there was a title issue as an excuse to pull the ad to then relist the vehicle at a $4,5k premium a couple of days later. Not that it's a bad price as is, but I find it amusing. I've seen similar LC listings over the past few years that were pulled and then relisted at a higher price. They're trying to avoid apps like CarGurus flagging the price increase and informing potential buyers - which would happen if they simply modified the same listing.

I'm making the same assumption as you based on the comment from the member above as the vehicle reports were clean; the title reason was given once the dealership realized they goofed on the pricing. It's a throw away line from dealers to get potential buyers to walk away. I've heard it before and of course there can be hiccups but since member who mentioned it was given this response just a couple days ago and now it's suddenly for sale again, I'm thinking management knew precisely what they were doing.

I'm making the same assumption as you based on the comment from the member above as the vehicle reports were clean; the title reason was given once the dealership realized they goofed on the pricing. It's a throw away line from dealers to get potential buyers to walk away. I've heard it before and of course there can be hiccups but since member who mentioned it was given this response just a couple days ago and now it's suddenly for sale again, I'm thinking management knew precisely what they were doing.

Agreed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom