2016 Land Cruiser 200 oil level dilemma. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been working on many vehicles for many years and never had a dilemma like that before. Oil change with filter for 200 requires 7.9 quarts of oil with the filter change by the manual. However 7.9 get me on the lower mark on dip stick (dip stick is with green stripe). So what gives, is my oil pan bigger than standard? My dip stick too short?, Lol. Any info will be appreciated.

I just changed my oil and felt the same way. I put in approximately little over 8 quarts, I had two 5qt jugs which I'm not used to, which put me right square in the middle of the dipstick. Drove almost 2k miles and the level hasn't changed. Honestly it freaked me out as I continued pouring it in after approximately 7.9 quarts. But I kept checking the dipstick until I got it halfway full.

Mine is a 13 but on level ground 8qts after an oil & filter change puts me right at the top of the indicators.

This may sound dumb, but is your dipstick fully seated?

On my 4Runner I went through a phase of suddenly needing more oil for 2 or 3 changes. Turns out there was some buildup on the dipstick tube to the point that it felt like it was in all the way, but if you actually looked it wasn't properly seated. A firm push would get it to click in farther. Mine was roughly half a quart off from reality. Cleaned it up a bit and the mysterious "oil consumption" went away.

My 2016 is the same ... it says 7.9 but it is 8 or 8.1 every time.

0.1 or 0.2 would not be an issue for me, it's more like 8.9 at the top notch of the stick, which is one full quart more than spec. I also measured old oil, which was serviced at Toyota dealership and it was approx. 8.5+

I have the opposite. Just did oil change for the 2nd time, did 7.5qts and I'm over the full line...

It was mentioned on other threads about the oil levels, that the stick might be misplaced by PO or dealership installed wrong one (shorter). I will measure mine when I get home tonight. Can some one with 2016 or earlier model measure his?

It was mentioned on other threads about the oil levels, that the stick might be misplaced by PO or dealership installed wrong one (shorter). I will measure mine when I get home tonight. Can some one with 2016 or earlier model measure his?

Here's the dipstick on my 2013 LC200:

26 1/2" to the LOW mark.

HTH

It is well documented and completely normal for the 5.7 to require ~8qts to get within the two marks on the dipstick. I always put in slightly more than 8 and check it regularly.

Here's the dipstick on my 2013 LC200:

26 1/2" to the LOW mark.

HTH

I had measured stick last night, 26.5 from the low point. Also drained some oil to be just between 2 points and just going to leave at that. Not overserviced and not under serviced, left some space for expansion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom