2016 Cruser 18's on a 99 LX470 DANG IT! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I thought I had a score. I got a set of 18" rims off a new Land Cruser (they bought some bling) and Toyota 5 Lug is 5 lug right?? Everything bolted up nicely but I can't get the center cap on the front wheels!!! :(

What if anything can I do? Can I get a smaller dust cap? Has anyone had success with this?

lx cap.jpeg

side.jpg

Pretty sure every 100 I've seen with those wheels either leave the center caps off, or just cut a hole in the middle of the center cap (where the Toyota emblem is) for them to clear.

Or do like everyone else that has them and get a wheel spacer (search the forum) to allow for the cap to fit correctly.

I hope you didn’t pay to much for your 2016 Land Cruiser wheels because those my friend are the Tundra 18” wheels.

They look great and fit perfectly but will need a spacer to install the front center caps w/out modifying it.

wheel spacers

I took my 2017 cruiser rims and run them on my lx470 with the slee spacers. That way you don't have to mess with the caps

Good luck

I had the same issue. I just sold those caps online and bought lexus ones, the color is slightly off (at least it was when I bought it, now it's "more off")

I had the same issue. I just sold those caps online and bought lexus ones, the color is slightly off (at least it was when I bought it, now it's "more off")

Do the Lexus front center caps fit those 18" Tundra Wheels without spacers?????

I have some Tundra rims that the Center cap didn’t fit. I took a hammer to the dust caps to flatten them out, and took off just a bit of the back side of the center caps with a drill. It all just barely snaps on, but has stayed for few months now.

(Sorry the picture is a ways away, it’s the best one I have on my phone right now)

68C407E5-912C-49A3-AD61-DC0ECD34C6AE.jpeg

These should fit. I put them on 18” Tundra wheels that had the same center caps as your wheels. If you bend down to look closely, you can tell the cap doesn’t match the wheel design perfectly and they are a bit tough to put on, but I definitely prefer it to running spacers.

L600 4X New LX470 03 - 05 Wheel Center Hub Silver Caps 18" Rim Emblem For Lexus | eBay

View attachment 1724789

View attachment 1724790
Not the same rims. Those
are earlier Tundra rims than to OP has.

Ah, I knew the wheels were different, but you’re right - the original Tundra caps are a bit different too. Buying the ebay caps was a shot in the dark for me and seemed worth it for $40. Good luck finding a set of caps, OP.

Or do like everyone else that has them and get a wheel spacer (search the forum) to allow for the cap to fit correctly.
Do this ^^.

Pretty sure every 100 I've seen with those wheels either leave the center caps off, or just cut a hole in the middle of the center cap (where the Toyota emblem is) for them to clear.
Don't do this ^^. Looks ridiculous when it's mismatched IMO.

Just like Benihana above, I hammered the dust cap flat and ground off a bit of the back side of the cap to make it fit my 2001 LX. His photo still shows the Toyota logo. I popped off the Toyota logos and replaced with Lexus. Local Lexus dealer gave them to me for free.

bpe3

Just like Benihana above, I hammered the dust cap flat and ground off a bit of the back side of the cap to make it fit my 2001 LX. His photo still shows the Toyota logo. I popped off the Toyota logos and replaced with Lexus. Local Lexus dealer gave them to me for free.

bpe3

Good idea. I’ll have to go bother them one of these days and get legit badges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom