2015 Valley Hybrids Swap Meet Stockton CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok guys... THAT was a good day!
Let's see some more pics posted please, cause even with all this F#%¥£* technology I still failed.

Gotta share this story with y'all though.
I did my first Mud Ship and hauled that big ass ARB from Pismo for Whitey45 (Brian). Come to find out, HE was the guy who sold me my 60!

Great seein and meetin you all today and hope that you picked up something special for the little lady for Mothers Day. (Rob... You crack me up pal)

I had a good day yesterday. I was gonna bring my 1973 FJ40 and put it up for sale but instead found some new inspiration to keep it and parts needed to get it going again. Thank-you George and to all of you that helped in putting on this event.

IMG_0890.jpg
IMG_0891.jpg
IMG_0894.jpg
IMG_0887.jpg
IMG_0889.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Georg for another Great Swap meet and Family reunion. Its always Great seeing everyone and even better coming home with an empty truck LOL Well almost empty.

NCM_2740.JPG

NCM_2741.JPG

NCM_2758.JPG

Great event Georg,got to see some familiar faces and chat with new friends. I didn't sell anything but i was able to buy an intake hose for my 2f thanks to Brent or Brett who drives a white Ford F250.

That rig lives just north of you.......

So I have a burning question??

How important is to any of you to have catered food at these events?

Or the kind of food?
Burgers/dogs?
BBQ like last time?
Taco truck?

Budget?

Lunch only?
Or breakfast too?
Like donuts and coffee or breakfast burritos?

I ask because I was the caterer this year. I'd like to do the event again. But I need to figure out what attendants of the event are interested in so I can plan accordingly. This summer I made way too much food, my own fault, but I also didn't sell as much as I expected based on head count. I love being able to feed fellow cruiser owners, but can't do it at a financial loss again.

Thanks. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Laramy

Last edited:
Hi Laramy,
Your food last year was amazing and I would indeed be a return customer. I realize it is more difficult to fix than "boring" food so wouldn't fault you at all for going that route if you feel you need to. Is there a date yet for this year's event?

Hi Laramy,
Your food last year was amazing and I would indeed be a return customer. I realize it is more difficult to fix than "boring" food so wouldn't fault you at all for going that route if you feel you need to. Is there a date yet for this year's event?

I'll cook what guests want to eat. But I do enjoy showing off some skill.

Big question is.... Do people plan to eat? And if they do are they eating elsewhere before/after? And if so, why? I want to attract as much of the business as possible.

Laramy,
I attended the event and didn't know there would be food there. I actually went to breakfast beforehand. That said, it's nice to have good food available. But understand the economics and ease if it's burgers and dogs that's for sale.

Laramy,
I attended the event and didn't know there would be food there. I actually went to breakfast beforehand. That said, it's nice to have good food available. But understand the economics and ease if it's burgers and dogs that's for sale.

Economics doesn't force me to cook cheaper food, if I'd sold to more people last year I would've been fine. Out of 220+ guests I only sold 80 sandwiches. I was hoping for 75% of the attendance.

Attendants passing up food because it's too expensive or unappealing will.

So that's what I need to feel out....

Good to know all this now.
The service and quality was just such a great add to this event.
If you can be ready when the gates open, I'll commit to b. Burrito, coffee and BBQ sandwich for lunch. It was mighty tasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom