2015 LX570 with 97K miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a 2015 with 97K miles, looked at the Lexus maintenance history and it looks like it was well taken care of. That being said, I put new tires, rotors and pads all around and did an oil change. Aside from minor cosmetic issues and maybe a little more surface rust underneath than I’d like, it seems like a cream puff. Interior is immaculate. Already took the kids on a 2,500 mile road trip and it was fantastic. I think the only thing I need to do is fluids (transmission, transfer and differentials). The towing electronics were in the glove box unopened, so I don’t believe it ever towed anything.

Any recommendations for other maintenance items?

AHC, coolant, brake fluid, grease prop shafts, assuming they aren't in the history. T-case is a PITA compared to a 100, if you've got a little rust hit the 14 or so bolts with some penetrant. Get some magnetic plugs from Dimple or @bjowett for the diffs.

Made this table to illustrate the maintenance I could find from Lexus, added what I’ve done at the bottom.

0EB2B4D1-A96F-4966-BC23-7F40D1313CF1.jpeg

AHC, coolant, brake fluid, grease prop shafts, assuming they aren't in the history. T-case is a PITA compared to a 100, if you've got a little rust hit the 14 or so bolts with some penetrant. Get some magnetic plugs from Dimple or @bjowett for the diffs.
I have a ‘99 100 with 235K Miles, had it since 2001 and have done the T-case few times. IIRC from a video I watched, there‘s a vibration dampener or something that needs to be removed. Is that the only difference from the 100? And yes, coolant is on the list. Looks like there’s only one drain on the block vs. 2 in the 100?

I have a ‘99 100 with 235K Miles, had it since 2001 and have done the T-case few times. IIRC from a video I watched, there‘s a vibration dampener or something that needs to be removed. Is that the only difference from the 100? And yes, coolant is on the list. Looks like there’s only one drain on the block vs. 2 in the 100?
There's that thing, I think an electrical connection, plus a couple of protective "cages" that go around it like a bit of a puzzle. Just nuisance and not difficult. There's some discussion about the fluid for the Tcase, the 80 $/liter Toyota fluid or a Ravenol substitute. 2015 might have avoided that issue, if it's really even an issue. Prop shaft zirks require some maneuvering.

I’d be thinking about starter at 100k miles. I’d also watch the radiator. I have the same year truck and changed the serp belt amd idler pulley due to an annoying chirp. I love mine!

I’d be thinking about starter at 100k miles. I’d also watch the radiator. I have the same year truck and changed the serp belt amd idler pulley due to an annoying chirp. I love mine!
Based on the Lexus history, idler pulley was changed and the belt looks good. In fact this was the only repair during its CPO period. I’ve read about the radiator issue in previous gens, I’ll keep an eye out. You’d replace the starter preemptively?

Based on the Lexus history, idler pulley was changed and the belt looks good. In fact this was the only repair during its CPO period. I’ve read about the radiator issue in previous gens, I’ll keep an eye out. You’d replace the starter preemptively?
The starter is a fickle thing on these trucks. Some make it 200k plus miles. Others go out between 100k and 120k. Fine if you are in town, but a big bummer if you are on a 2k road trip or you’re camping in bfe

The starter is a fickle thing on these trucks. Some make it 200k plus miles. Others go out between 100k and 120k. Fine if you are in town, but a big bummer if you are on a 2k road trip or you’re camping in bfe

I’m still curious how prevalent starter failures are. The MST at my local said they never see them. He said they may have done one in five years. I know a few on here have had failures but I wonder how much can be extrapolated from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom