2015 4runner steering problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a 2015 4runner, have about 6000 miles on it now.

I put a 3" old man emu lift on it with bigger tires: 265/70/17 to 285/70/17

At highway speeds, I occasionally find myself having to concentrate and use two hands to control the vehicle. It particularly happens during wind gusts or mildly uneven pavement. Sometimes the white paint stripe on the road will rob some of my control. My alignment has been checked and is fine, my tires are balanced.

I'm not sure what to try next?

That's only about an inch more sidewall and an inch wider. So with the lift, its sitting about 4" taller. Wind gusts would effect it more now, but the drunk strips shouldn't.

Different brand/type tires? Sway bars still attached? Any loose suspension overlooked from adding the lift?

That's only about an inch more sidewall and an inch wider. So with the lift, its sitting about 4" taller. Wind gusts would effect it more now, but the drunk strips shouldn't.

Different brand/type tires? Sway bars still attached? Any loose suspension overlooked from adding the lift?

Everything appears outwardly fine, it's a brand new car. I still have stock UCA's...not sure if that is the problem : /

What are your camber and caster readings? You may need to give it more caster to give it better tracking on the road,did they loosen up the suspension when you raised it? If the bushings are binding it could cause similar problems you need to loosen up the control arms and let the bushings settle and torque it to factory specs.

with stock upper control arms,bigger tires,and 3'' lift you probably don't have any positive caster. which will make for some odd steering feedback.

How did you find a 2015 with 6K miles ? I wish I had that kind of luck!

How did you find a 2015 with 6K miles ? I wish I had that kind of luck!
LOL, the post was from 2015. It was new and he didn't know anything about UCA's or caster back then apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom