For Sale 2014 Turtleback Expedition trailer w/RTT - Georgia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

******SOLD******

2014 Turtleback Expedition camp trailer

$17,000

For sale is the Turtleback I purchased in 2016 from the original owner. I am changing jobs and will no longer have unlimited free storage space or flexibility to take expedition-length trips. Rather than have the trailer sit outside, I am passing it along to the next enthusiast. I have kept the trailer stored in my garage or in covered parking at my office.

The upgrades I’ve made are the result of a number of small trips and two epic, multi-week trips I’ve been lucky to make:
· 2016– Atlanta to Montreal, NY, VT, NH, ME, ending at Outer Banks of North Carolina
· 2017– Atlanta to Four Corners to Moab, Moab to Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs to Ouray, Ouray to Atlanta

Upgrades/Included accessories:
· 23 Zero Sydney 2200 rooftop tent with fully enclosed annex room, 3 inch high destiny mattress, removable rain fly, true sky-view ceiling panels for star gazing, dual ladders (Sleeping area 87" wide x 96" long (11” wider & 16” longer than a king size bed); awning footprint 89” wide x 98" deep)
· Custom aluminum articulating roof rack with gas struts for lift assistance & e-track for securing tent while raised or stowed (RTT stows to height of +/-80" on 35” tires, raises to give +/-77” clear height in annex)
· FrontierPlay Aluminum Kitchen Dry Storage Box (38”x13”x18” – fits nicely in main cargo area; upgraded with wheels on one end to facilitate loading)
· Two cedar platforms that form the base of the main cargo area and can be used under ladders in annex to protect the floor from puncture)
· 4-gallon Rotopax
· Nose box keyed to match other doors
· Max Coupler
· Custom tailgate – stainless Turtleback table, Rotopax mount, 2” receiver tube for bike rack (no unloading bikes necessary to access kitchen), De-Sta-Co latches at top edges (carries 35” spare, not included in sale; original Turtleback tailgate design failed due to weight of tire-mounted bicycle rack)
· BAL 23231 “C jacks” stabilizing outriggers (2 front, 1 rear; 3.000 lb capacity each)
· New 3-meter stainless steel shower hose (longer & more flexible than stock plastic hose)
· Turtleback custom stainless steel adjustable height awning brackets (included but not installed)
· Prodigy wireless trailer brake controller

Specs as purchased from original owner:

· Full Steel Trailer 2x3 Perimeter Box Frame
· 3500# stub Rubber Torsion axles
· 2500# Springs, 10” Electric Brakes
· Forward and Aft Receiver Hitches on Frame
· Bedliner Coated Chassis
· White Powder Coated Aluminum Skin
· 2 Side and 1 Rear Compartment Doors w/ Matching Keys,
· LED lights
· Propane Tank with Stainless Steel Bracket and lock
· Deka group 24 AGM Marine Battery in Box,
· Blue Sea Systems® Marine Grade Electrical Components
· 4 Rail Cargo Bar Roof Rack (replaced with articulating rack but can be included)
· Bedliner Coated
· 2000# Swing Away Tongue Jack with Foot
· Safety Chains
· 7 Way Trailer Plug Wired to: Running, Brake, Turn lights; Charge Line & Trailer Brakes
· Interior Lighting in Cargo Area and Kitchen
· 42 Gallon Fresh Water Tank (Food Grade, BPA Free Construction)
· Flowjet 12v Demand Water Pump
· Atwood 6 Gallon DSI Water Heater
· Exterior Shower
· Baltic Birch Pantry Drawer in Kitchen Area
· Baltic Birch Slide Out Kitchen with 2 Drawers
· 2 Burner Wedgewood Stainless Steel Stove with Stainless Cover by Atwood
· Stainless Steel Sink with hot & cold pull-out spray handle faucet

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

More photos here: Turtleback Expedition Trailer FS - Expedition Portal

Note: 1UP bike rack shown in other photos is not included. Trailer is photographed with three 35” Goodyear MT/Rs on stock 80 series Land Cruiser wheels. These are NOT INCLUDED in the sale. The trailer will be delivered with two BFG 275/70/16s mounted on the wheels as I purchased the trailer. The prior owner used the same size tires on his 4Runner (same 6-on-5.5” Toyota bolt pattern on trailer).

Willing to deliver for $0.50/mile within 300 miles of Atlanta. Delivery to other locations negotiable.

Last edited:
Sale pending.

Sold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom