2014 LX 570 Mark Levinson Speaker Replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Searched and could not find any threads about replacing blown Mark Levinson speakers.

Saw some references to dead amps, but that is not my issue.

The speaker in the dash on passenger side is blown (crackling sound) and I want to replace.

Wondering how easy it might be to source speaker myself and replace? Has anyone tried to access these speakers before? Wondering if I should just go to dealer and bite the bullet?

50684ECE-F35F-4803-AA55-21D29ED96DAB.jpeg

You could always refoam the speaker. I am guessing that the grill pops out and the speaker unbolts fron the top or you have to remove a good portion of the dash to get the speaker out.

Blown speaker is kind of a generic term. It probably needs new foam or possibly a new capacitor. Either way pull it out and let's see what's up. I bet it can be fixed easily.

Thanks.

Yes, I know nothing about audio. The speaker crackles at certain volume levels.

Will see if I can easily pop the grill off. Would hate to have to disassemble the dash.

I’ve never pulled it, but looks like it’s clipped in like the center grill is.

DFCA3B37-C226-44F8-A256-AA91204C36CA.png

As an update to this old thread, I investigated this for a while, including taking off speaker grill (snapped off one clip but it performs as should), but it turns out the “crackling” I was hearing was actually the fake wood trim on the door panel.

Drives me nuts. Thinking about having a high end audio shop dynamat, or whatever they are using today, all the door panels if that will stop all the creaking of plastic and fake wood components. I like to listen to the ML stereo loud (my wife says I have hearing problems) and this is probably the most annoying thing about the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom