2014 Land Cruiser TRD Off Road build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had my grill and and top surface of my headlights wrapped in vinyl. I also had them wrap my tail lights in medium smoke and I am regretting the decision because I believe it looks too dark. When the light are on or the brakes are applied it shines through.
View attachment 2014570View attachment 2014570

IMG_4559.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

Last edited:
This was photo taken in my driveway was after the OEM Strut Spacers were installed. Not sure if you can tell but it is close to a 1" lift. Drives the same and I had it aligned afterwards just to be safe.

IMG_4554.jpg

Last edited:
Personal preference. Same reason I didn't leave my truck completely stock. Which I can say the same for most of the guys on this Forum. I am just giving it a few personal touches. It's not like a "LC200 TRD" already exists so and I am not trying to make a "fake" TRD. Seen plenty of people taking a stock Tacoma or 4Runner and slapping rims and TRD Pro badges on and trying to pass it off as the real deal. A local used Chevy dealer near me has a used Navy blue 4Runner on the lot with TRD Pro emblems on it and they are trying to pass it off as a Pro. I advised them that it is not a "Pro" and pointed out the obvious parts that were missing. Main reason being the dark blue color and sun roof were never offered in that year. They only said they would research it.
I originally wanted a TRD Pro 4Runner until I drove this LC200. If Toyota would have made a factory TRD Off Road version of this vehicle I would have searched for one. The truck is amazing so I choose to accent it with a couple of TRD OFF ROAD emblems. Below photo was taken the day I picked it up in Queens NY. It was well taken care of by the elderly man that owned it and always serviced at his local Toyota Dealer.

IMG_4559.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great, nice work on the vinyl and smoke wrap detailing

I believe all the details are listed in this thread. I went with a 20”x9” TRD Pro style wheel that is made specifically for LC200 and Tundra.
The tires are 285/55R20’s on BFG KO2’s. Absolutely no rubbing ever. Then again I haven’t done any hard core wheeling yet other than a drive on beach.

Last edited:
I think that looks great, badging and all. The wheels do well proportionally for the big body cruiser, yet still with some tire meat. If you ever get the hankering for more tire, 305/55/20s being 1" taller at 33.2" would look great and meaty on there as well.

Do you know the offset of those wheels? They look great and fill out the wells nicely. I'd guess they are something like 45mm offset which is just about perfect.

Thanks man, I want to say the offset is like +20 I listed the eBay link somewhere when I posted what wheels they where. I was kinda quick with the tire size selection. A forum member advised my size with zero issues so I pulled the trigger! Good to know for next time.

Because It's a Land Cruiser for Chissakes!!

...that is owned by someone that likes the badging.

But no, they should consider removing it because uptight people on a forum don’t approve of what they do with their property.

...that is owned by someone that likes the badging.

But no, they should consider removing it because uptight people on a forum don’t approve of what they do with their property.

Lets not name call. The individual said consider, he did not state he should. Nor do you understand his perspective

Everyone should have the opportunity to badge or accessorize the their vehicle the way they want and I seriously doubt the individual who posted that meant they should not

Thanks for your understanding

Your friendly 200 Series Moderator :)

As I said in the heritage thread, if I would have put a badge in that location I would have been flamed but if Toyota does it then its OK. I think this 200 looks great, don't change a thing.

Also there is a TRD package for the LC200 just not available in the USA, although a person could order all the parts and bolt them on: LC200 | TRD

Looks like the proper LC200 TRD badge placement would be on the back door.

Double sided tape on the A pillar? :bang: :bang: :bang:

While I haven't personally installed a snorkel, I wouldn't discount "tape". Modern structural adhesives can be many times stronger than fasteners. It's used all around us from giant window panes mounted to skyscrapers, to sheet metal utility trailers, and bonding in commercial and industrial uses.

Lookup 3M VHB which is likely what they're using. It's incredible stuff. I use it to hold down large solar panels at highway speeds on my travel trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom