2014 FJ SUMMIT, Ouray Colorado (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HODGES

SILVER Star
Threads
The dates have been set for the 2014 FJ Summit in Ouray, CO. July 16-20. Me and Lance are definitely going and looking at renting a house. Is anyone else planning on going? if so.. is anyone interested in sharing a condo/house for the week? It is looking like it will be around $1000-$1300 for the week/per family, for a townhouse. This isn't some s***-shack either, these are nice townhouses in downtown Ouray, in walking distance to all the events. Me, Kathryn and the 2 girls are planning on leaving Baton Rouge on the 12th or 13th and maybe staying in Dallas sat night and Albuquerque Sunday night, then on the Ouray Monday-Sunday. Keep in mind if you plan on going, you need to book something soon, the KOA is booked up already, and a lot of the hotels are getting close to being full. The hotels in downtown Ouray all jack up their prices for the week of the Summit, so a small s***ty hotel room like the best western is around $175 a night. Renting a house ends up being a lot better deal.

I've planned on attending twice now but ended up backing out. I love to go this year but it may not be decided till April may based on funds. If y'all would still have space I'd love to pitch in, it would be me, Ashlee and both kids of there's room.

That's all assuming there's still registration spots available.didn't they close it last year at some point?

Looking forward to seeing the southern contingent there. As in other recent years, we expect registration to fill in a week or two. If you plan to register get in early!

Great idea Jason! I know I'll probably camp if I head down there next year. I'm not planning on doing the Summit right now but maybe my next job will pay for me to go. We'll see how it all plays out. And since y'all are going to be going, I might just come down to see y'all anyway.

Ok the cabins are booked. One left if anyone else wants to get on board. If so we will have the entire complex for the LLK!

Cabin #3- Deryl and Family
Cabin #4- Lance and Family
Cabin #1- Hodges and Family
Cabin #2--- it could be you!!!!!!!!!!!

www.elkhorncabins.com

This is going to be sweet!

The cabins are walking distance from downtown Ouray. We're staying the whole week of Summit. Sunday July 14th - Sunday July 20th.

I booked cabin #1 and it's only me kathryn and the girls staying in it as of now. The cabin sleeps 7 people, so i have a queen size sofa bed and twin bed open to whoever wants to go in half. The cabin is $1400 for the week, so it would be $700 for 7 nights. Not bad considering the crappy hotel rooms are going for $170 a night. If anyone wants to go in half with us let me know. If 7 nights in Ouray isn't motivation enough, go to the website and check out the cabins. they're bad ass!

here's the website - http://elkhorncabins.com/vacation_rentals/elkhorn-cabins/

So who else is going to summit?

1. Deryl and family
2. Lance and family
3. Hodges and family
4. Al sharp and family
5. Kevin B and family

Al isn't out just yet!

I assume that now means Al needs to find a place to stay? If so we can find room for him if he comes. Who is coming beside your group?

Ok getting ready. Pulled the interior out this weekend and cleaned the carpet. One step closer to summit!

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Last edited:
Ohhhhhh. Didn't realize Andre was going with you. I thought maybe you had stripped the interior of Mimi's Suburban. :lol:

Andre will not be making this trip but his fj80 will!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom