2014 CPO LX 570 vs 2016 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time reader first time poster.....

Coming from an 05 4Runner trying to decide between a 2014 CPO LX w/ 20k miles for $68k vs a brand new 2016 LC for $78k

Should I be concerned about first year bugs? 8 speed and new tech worth 10k?

This will be mainly driven by my wife and used for family adventures on weekends.

Thoughts? Normally CPO would be no brainer but the great price on 2016 is making me think twice.

Long time reader first time poster.....

Coming from an 05 4Runner trying to decide between a 2014 CPO LX w/ 20k miles for $68k vs a brand new 2016 LC for $78k

Should I be concerned about first year bugs? 8 speed and new tech worth 10k?

This will be mainly driven by my wife and used for family adventures on weekends.

Thoughts? Normally CPO would be no brainer but the great price on 2016 is making me think twice.

First year bugs? From what I've seen, this is really only a minor refresh...not a redesign.
Some interior tweaks...a slightly more "bumpy" hood...new headlights... This is not a next-gen 300 series. It's a slightly tweaked 2015 200.

Even if it were a complete redesign...Toyota's record on Land Cruiser is pretty darn good. This 2008 I bought recently is solid as a rock. First year 200 series...and wow. No lemon here...

Last edited:
First year bugs ? More like last year of 200 series

I would get a 2016 lc easily over the lx. 8 speed and the new front and new rear with deliciously devilish interior colors makes it a no brainier to get a new one (as long as you keep it a while)

Good luck

2016 LC kdss will make for great longevity plus it looks great

No thanks. Too much to go wrong and too hard to fix for my taste. YMMV.

I just saw a 2016 LC at the local dealer. Interior is beautiful and the new seats are very nice. I even liked the rear seat TV screens but I could not see a way to easily detach them.

Just got interesting

How about a 2013 CPO with 45k miles for 54k. I've been assured it is in immaculate condition.

Vs

2016 LC for 78k

Just got interesting

How about a 2013 CPO with 45k miles for 54k. I've been assured it is in immaculate condition.

Vs

2016 LC for 78k

vs. one more option:

Bought my 2008 6 months ago for $39k with only 48k miles ...and its perfect.
Miles and condition are more important to me than the year of production.

If you have $54k to spend...consider finding one like mine, and pump the $15,000 you save into amazing mods.

Just got interesting

Seems a bit high.

If your going to keep it forever get the new 2016 and take care of it for the next 500k+ miles. Your wife will like the Lexus better. Lexus interior, service, etc. plus with CPO your covered for 3 years. Doubt you would have any problem with either one for as long as you want to own it. The suspension on the LX570 is a big upgrade compared to the previous LX470. One member took his LX570 AHC suspension 200 series across Africa and now across South America with no problems.

I drive both a 2015 LX and a 2008 LC. AHC on the Lexus blows the stock LC suspension away. If it's for the wife I would suggest the LX. With the AHC you get height control and active dampening. The ride is just so much better and I wouldn't wouldn't hesitate to stick it high mode and take it off road. I'm not a fan of all the bling but i'm sure the wife will love it. I'm upgrading the suspension on the LC (BP-51) so we'll see how the ride compares after that. Having said all that I'm an LC guy and end up driving it most of the time.

Thanks for everyone's help. Today I picked up a Blizzard Pearl with Terra interior.

And proceeded to put 300+ miles on it driving it home. Compared to my 4Runner this thing is built like a tank. I hope to get many years of enjoyment out of it and if all goes well hand it down to my 4yo son.

Thanks for everyone's help. Today I picked up a Blizzard Pearl with Terra interior.

And proceeded to put 300+ miles on it driving it home. Compared to my 4Runner this thing is built like a tank. I hope to get many years of enjoyment out of it and if all goes well hand it down to my 4yo son.
Congrats!!! post pics!!!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time at the pump.....

Congrats man !! A local guy! Going to have to check it out in person sometime

You did the right thing. 2016 is where it's at !

Interior shots ?

1st mod should be removing the 30 inch twin screens attached to the front seats!!

JK, good luck with the new LC, very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom