Builds 2013 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Chinook build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my hand held shower plumbed and mounted on a diamond plate bracket inside the forward utility box on the drivers side.... for the shower, I ended up with a bidet sprayer. I found out it is tough to find a hand held shower with a trigger valve.

F55FFB9E-8B81-4300-B2E2-5EDA6379DAF7.jpeg

I have been busy doing other stuff. Guess I needed a break from this project but got back to it today! Got all the 110 volt side together today. Tested the outlets and good to go. 12 volt side next! Feels good to be back on it! After the electric I can finish the interior details...wall covering, upholstery etc.

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

Made a bunch of progress on the interior wiring. Temp mounted the little LED puck lights with dimmer. Also a 12V oscillating fan. They are wired. All of them then come down for the final grey felt upholstery then reinstalled... mounted the battery switch for the 2 battery system. The 2 batteries get connected with #1-0 cable through the switch with an isolator that connects to the starter circuit... also mounted a switch for the second fuel tank gauge. Some bus bars for future 12V needs and wiring for the little demand water pump. Also a cigarette lighter for another charging option and circuits for the fridge in 12 and 120 volt...All the circuits are run through the fused switch panel.... I have another switch that will separate the 2 12V sources... the house battery or the 12V step down transformer if I am plugged into shore power or the generator is running. The 2 position 25 amp switch will not allow the circuits to be fed by both sources at the same time. I have a retired boat electrician working with me a few hours at a time which is awesome!

02D91CB2-246F-45F2-B7BB-A5BBA0AF4FAF.jpeg

ED1AAFB4-1D22-4073-A76D-F9BA610D32A3.jpeg

75E9DB14-A139-4EC6-B0C0-DF40306AAFD0.jpeg

6995C827-6506-49F8-AEA0-9261AC39CEA6.jpeg

C623066C-EFEF-4D77-8B0F-20A623F9383E.jpeg

Are you still doing the tire rack up top on it? Not sure if you mentioned already, but do you have plans of painting the camper or both to match?

Love it.
Hey Cody. I am not painting the truck. I have embraced my black and white motif! I am still mounting the rack. It is fabricated but I have to put the final wrinkle paint finish on it first...thanks!

The wiring is all connected and tested. A big milestone! I still have to do some split loom and organize with a couple million zip ties... 2 battery system is wired through the isolator. 2nd battery is in the rear step bumper. After I organize my electric I can button up the wall covering. I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

6C08A109-2412-455E-8EEF-3BDDC784AB37.jpeg

8EEFD463-0D49-4E54-A421-1392BE8F1F47.jpeg

A996CC52-6BFE-49D8-8A55-379EF523D739.jpeg

87FA69FA-144B-4633-8F2A-2A4138FBD6B4.jpeg

Thanks bro! I have driven this in your area a few times... my wife’s mom is on the Durham/Cary border...

You're kidding me! That's almost exactly where I live.

Post up next time you're coming through, I'll buy you a beer so I can meet you and check the truck out!!

Love this build - so cool what you are doing Jay!!!

On the roof rack - - are you attaching it to both the camper and the top of the Tacoma roof? I am worried about the flex that may be needed between the camper on the frame and your Tacoma body on the frame. Worried about drilling holes in both, etc.

I have been having a hard time getting back to my project between travels and life... I have just started a power catamaran project to boot... I have travel plans now extending into next year so I am thinking of selling her... anybody have any thoughts on what this off road camper might be worth in its almost done state? Would love to hear your thoughts...or maybe someone out there would be interested?

IMG_8634.JPG

IMG_8542.JPG

IMG_8369.JPG

IMG_8245.JPG

IMG_7610.JPG

$35K...99% done and everything to complete included... I have a boat and house project in the works and can't seem to make time to get back on her!

Whatever happened to this?
i still have not completely finished! I drive it and plan on getting it finished but I guess I needed to do other stuff for a while. Lots of traveling and just finished a boat project.... rehabbing a couple of houses... Just poured a slab for a new steel shop building. Finishing my camper is at the top of the list forthe new shop!!!
Jay

I'll be looking forward to the updates.
Any plans to do a lift or upgrade suspension on the truck?
Only upgrades to date are leaf springs and airbags... this rig was built to be able to drive into a standard 20’ shipping container. I have some international travel plans ...by being able to use standard container shipping this truck can be sent to any port extremely cheaply... example Miami to Sydney about $1900...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom