2013 lx570 ac problem 😔 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having a issue with my ac system, I have a leak but I can't find it. I took it to the mechanic he checked it and refilled the system 1 week later it was blowing hot air. So I bought this special ac refill with dye in it refilled it and I tried to look for the leak all over the engine bay but still no luck. Compressor and the ac lines around it seems ok no leak the condenser seems fine also. I'm really getting stressed and might end up going to the dealer.

Are you using a "black light" flashlight to find the dye? Try tracing each line on the system:
1685382831893.png

If I'm not mistaken, their are also AC lines that go to the rear, so you'll have to get underneath and become really familiar with the system. Other possible AC leaks could occur at the compressor, along aluminum lines, and at the connection points to front/rear cooling units.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to check all of these spots without adding dye and tracing every system component. After you find the leak, you'll have to replace the offending/leaking component, apply vaccum to the entire system (to re-check for leaks) and refill with refrigerant. It's a process that requires specialized equipment to do properly. I believe the refrigerant in the LX is 1234yf, but double check under your hood.

Are you using a "black light" flashlight to find the dye? Try tracing each line on the system: View attachment 3335145

If I'm not mistaken, their are also AC lines that go to the rear, so you'll have to get underneath and become really familiar with the system. Other possible AC leaks could occur at the compressor, along aluminum lines, and at the connection points to front/rear cooling units.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to check all of these spots without adding dye and tracing every system component. After you find the leak, you'll have to replace the offending/leaking component, apply vaccum to the entire system (to re-check for leaks) and refill with refrigerant. It's a process that requires specialized equipment to do properly. I believe the refrigerant in the LX is 1234yf, but double check under your hood.
Thanks for all this info, I haven't checked underneath the vehicle but I will. I do have the uv light still nothing around the engine bay. But imma check the rear ac. The ac is r134a.

If you can’t find the leak outside, it’s likely the evaporator core that’s leaking. It’s usually buried inside the dash and gotta take the entire thing apart to get to it.

If you can’t find the leak outside, it’s likely the evaporator core that’s leaking. It’s usually buried inside the dash and gotta take the entire thing apart to get to it.
I hope not. Imma take it to a special place where they pressurized the system for the leak.

Plus forgot to mention, whenever the system is out of ac freon. I get a dtc code b1423 Open in pressure sensor circuit / Abnormal Refrigerant Pressure

The leak is most likely under the rear of the vehicle where the lines run up into the rear AC module. A few users have posted about this in the past.

Truck spent time in the rust belt? This is a common failure. Good luck, AC issues suck to live with for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom