Dealer 2013 LC200 on OME lift at dealer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4 previous owners..... 5~6 yr old vehicle. 👎

Look at the carfax that thing was in and out of the dealer for service almost every month before it was sold.

Welp, I am hoping you guys are wrong as I fly out to pick that thing up this week. I had it inspected and it looks good and its service history from the original dealer is rather complete. It comes with a warranty on anything that may pop up in the first few thousand miles so hopefully it works out.

Its not a matter of right or wrong. Just a cause for concern.

The carfax shows the last owner only had it a short time. Why did they sell it? The previous owner had it in the dealer nearly every month of its last 6 months until there was a change of ownership. I saw an alignment on one of the services and I think a couple of tire rotations. Look for uneven tire ware (inside or outside edges warn, and or cupping which you may be able to see or hear by a slapping sound from the tires as they roll) caused by alignment problems. Does it drive straight? Stop straight? Hard stop? Vibrations? Clunks? Steering play? Somebody put a lift on it and may have wheeled it hard and you can't speak to the owner to get the story. Sometimes its cheaper to do the mods yourself rather then fix someone else's poor work. You will also need to look for flood damage on vehicles coming from Texas.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
Its not a matter for right or wrong. Just a cause for concern.

The carfax shows the last owner only had it a short time. Why did they sell it? The previous owner had it in the dealer nearly every month of its last 6 months until there was a change of ownership. I saw an alignment on one of the services and I think a couple of tire rotations. Look for uneven tire ware (inside or outside edges warn, and or cupping which you may be able to see or hear by a slapping sound from the tires as they roll) caused by alignment problems. Does it drive straight? Stop straight? Hard stop? Vibrations? Clunks? Steering play? Somebody put a lift on it and may have wheeled it hard and you can't speak to the owner to get the story. Sometimes its cheaper to do the mods yourself rather then fix someone else's poor work. You will also need to look for flood damage on vehicles coming from Texas.

Good luck and have fun!

Oh yea, I am well aware that it COULD be a junkshow when I get out there, and I am prepared to hop a flight home if it is.

The upside is I was a race mechanic in my previous career, so I will be giving it a solid inspection and test drive of my own when I arrive.

Going through the service details the extra trips were doing things like installing headers, the UCA / lift , etc. so it doesn't spook me. Why the last owner had it for 2 months is a bit puzzling but I know people who will bail out of a car if they dont like it and eat the loss.

Overall, compared with what I can find in CA for a black on black 2013+ w comparable miles its a good deal for me and worth the potential. I will be pulling the lift and switching to Kings and the Tundra front arms , but this gives me some $ back when that happens.

I am stoked to get it, and definitely hope I am starting a 1500 mile drive home rather than uber'ing to the airport!

I will be pulling the lift and switching to Kings and the Tundra front arms , but this gives me some $ back when that happens.

I am stoked to get it, and definitely hope I am starting a 1500 mile drive home rather than uber'ing to the airport!

Will be interested to see if you still pull the BP-51s after living with them for awhile... they're really nice, at least on my FJ Cruiser they are and I've heard they do great on the 200. Hope everything looks good on this one for you and you have a great trip home!

ad says its sold...
so?
hows it ride?

Will be interested to see if you still pull the BP-51s after living with them for awhile... they're really nice, at least on my FJ Cruiser they are and I've heard they do great on the 200. Hope everything looks good on this one for you and you have a great trip home!

I am playing with the adjusters trying to find a happy spot, but I will say on initial review I am not a fan of the valving profile on them, but we will see where they land. I am coming from a Tacoma that has Kings and many hours of tuning so the bar IS pretty high.

ad says its sold...
so?
hows it ride?
Drives well! I am pretty stoked. Now to make it not look like a soccer mom mobile lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom