2013 Land Cruiser on 20" Platinum Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a while 2013 Land Cruiser and the stock 18" wheels are just not attractive enough. I want to go for a street look vs off road. Sucks as there are not many options for aftermarket rims in 5x150... I had ordered a set of aftermarket 22's, but they didnt have them in stock and had no ETA when the manufacture was brining them in. They were Rims called Traverse by Black rhino. I guess I'm glad they didnt have them because over at the tundra forums I found a guy that had a platinum Tundra that was getting new offroad wheels.

So I got these platinum wheels for $1500 freighted to me. They weigh 371 lbs!! with the tires. I think it was a fair deal as they only had less than 500 miles on them. I dont know why Toyota doesnt put them on the LC stock. I found some google images of europe LC's with them.

So here are the pics!!

*Reserved until I get them next week haha. hope you didnt get excited*

Interested in selling those 18's? While I like my 20's for regular duty - I am afraid to do much off-roading with them.

Had them on my first 2011 but didn't like the way they stick out almost flush with the tire, no protection, so didn't get them on my new 2011. Hated the ones I had on the 10 LX

The main issue where I am in Lousiana is how it is mainly mud bogs and swamp. So even If I wanted to go on light trails it would be almost impossible... and no way I would want my 80k truck scratched. I took the LC to a vacant lot right next door to my house. BAM sunk up to the running boards... Guess I didnt realise how heavy she was.... my friend tried to pull me out with his 2wd truck with no luck he just spun em. So luckily my neighbor had his 3/4 ton diesel. finally was able to pull it out. The whole time my wife was sooooooo pissed / embarressed.

Then I spent 2 hours hosing the undercarraige of a 3 day old LC.

SO Yea the 20's will fit in perfect with my LAND(pavement) Cruiser.

That said I may end up getting some nitto grapplers for the stock 18's.

I live in south Louisiana and have had more damage to my 200 in the parking lots than any trail I have been on.

20" Platinum Wheels on a 200

For the curious who can't wait, it will look somthing like this.

a6a9_1.jpeg

Make sure to post up a lot of pics when you tell us about your adventures to the mall.

Why? Because it isnt about off roading in the LC?

Salesguy - the culture at this forum is, if you didn't weld it, no one cares. Personally I enjoy the variation so post away!

I actually like the look. It's far from a mall crawler look...but everyone is hung up on the 20's thing.

To be honest, I always thought a larger stock wheel would be better for looks...yours looks good, it looks proper. I always thought that the stock 18" wheels looked small on this big beast.

All that being said, I did the other work around this issue...I enlarged the tires on 18"wheels...just another way to go about it.

Just don't put 22s or 24s on this thing, that would be mall crawler and take any offroad availability out of this vehicle.

Nice lookin' rig.

Looks good, salesguy. While 18s are for me, I can appreciate the look of OEM 20s.

I like these too. My wife doesnt take the 200 off road. As I have said before everyone's loyalty to the Land Cruiser is for different reasons. Ours has been reliability and excellent value. With over 300,000 miles on three Land Cruiser the only thing to ever break was a throttle position sensor on the 1998 100 which was a simple fix in the driveway. Aside from maintenance they have all been trouble free. 1998, 1999, and the 2011.

Anyone have pictures of these on a grey or black 200?

Update:

After 2k miles these are still so sweet.

The main difference is A LOT less rocking side to side after uneven road or bumps. im sure it has to do with the lower profile.

I had the same wheels since 2010..

here is mine at newport beach with the stock dunlops 275/55/20

now I have Miche LTX-MS2 tires 275/60/20.. fits perfect! and no ride issues at tall. Quiet and yet I have plent of meat for off road duty.

LC - Copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom