2013 Horn not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

My horn is not working I found out this weekend, I checked the 10amp fuse under the hood and it was not blown. Picking up a test lamp today, but wondered if anyone has had/knows a possible solution? I searched through google and really only found other Lexus models with the issue and also 470s.

470 here but my horn wire was disconnected behind the airbag. Takes about 5 minutes to check that out.

So I have taken off my airbag, disconnected everything, and reconnected. Horn still doesn't work. Hitting the alarm button on the key does make the alarm/horn go off. but it seems the "alarm horn" is separate from the regular horn. Going pick up a test light, thinking maybe the horn(s) itself is bad.

You could just take a couple of wires from your car battery straight to your horn and see if it works? You'll need to unplug your horn so you can access the terminals.

Does it work if you turn your wheel like 90* or so?
From my research the clock spring can be the culprit.

Does it work if you turn your wheel like 90* or so?
From my research the clock spring can be the culprit.
So what I’ve found using the test light. The horn bracket is the grounding, with 12v to the horn socket. When you ground the bracket and go to the terminal on the horn itself, it makes a faint noise. It seems the horns have gone bad somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom