2013 FJC Wheel size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

xlx

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello,
Does anyone know if a 2013 FJ will accept a 16" TRD wheel?
Mine currently has a 17". Didn't know if a 16" would fit over the brakes.
I like a smaller wheel/bigger tire set up. I'm currently running 275 70 17 BFG KM2's.
Thanks

My 13 Trail teams came with 16s

AFAIK the stock wheels are also only 7" wide and some tire shops won't mount larger tires on a wheel that narrow. If you plan to use a shop to mount them, make sure they aren't legally** hamstrung.

**I had a recent experience where a tire shop wouldn't balance my tires because they looked at the door card on my FJC and saw the wheel size was 7" and thought I was running 315/75/16 tires on a 7" wheel. That combination fell out of their "safe range" on a table he showed me. They were prohibited from even removing the wheel from my truck by corporate policy. I explained that I did in fact have aftermarket wheels that were 7.5" and with that info he was allowed to at least remove the wheel and check the size. He confirmed what I told him then balanced them. That was the first time I had ever been questioned about my wheel size, but I imagine its lawyers' faults.

Well - motorcyclists like to put car tires on the back rims of their bikes because they look like racing slicks - that wide flat surface instead of a nice round one. And they say they get better tire mileage so it's cheaper.

So much for 'why' lawyers do their jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom