2013 Cool box not working (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2013 200 and my cool box is not working. Nothing at all happens when the power button is pushed. The on button does not light up and unit does not turn on. Everything else in the truck works great. I checked the fuse and it was fine. Any thoughts? Next step would be try and dig up a factory service manual.

Thanks guys.

@Markuson tackled this.

I'm sure there are more threads if you search, good luck.

@Markuson tackled this.

I'm sure there are more threads if you search, good luck.

IIRC, the power button light came on...but my Coolbox fan was dead.

If he can’t get his button to light at all... Hmm.

Trouble is it could be many things. Even a bad switch at the button. But there are also a number of connections and at least one circuit board unit that sits next to the driver seat under the cover. It's a pretty complicated setup.

Hopefully you don't have to tear yours apart to get to the motor.
What a pain...

Here's just a wee bit of the fun I had:

My fan also went bad but was still running, albeit very slowly. Button still lit up for me.

IIRC, the power button light came on...but my Coolbox fan was dead.

If he can’t get his button to light at all... Hmm.

Trouble is it could be many things. Even a bad switch at the button. But there are also a number of connections and at least one circuit board unit that sits next to the driver seat under the cover. It's a pretty complicated setup.

Hopefully you don't have to tear yours apart to get to the motor.
What a pain...

Here's just a wee bit of the fun I had:

View attachment 2000955

Having seen this pic motivated me to use the coolbox just enough to keep it working, but no more than that when not needed. I SO don’t want to deal with all this work.

Thanks guys for the info so far. Anyone happen to have any pages from the service manual to give me a place to start? Wanted to just start checking voltage in and out of the switch but it seems it’s a sealed unit? Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom