2013 200 Series Owner - seeking Headlight upgrade recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there. I’m the single owner of a 2013 200 series that is completely stock. I’m moving the car to a rural area where the roads don’t have great lighting.

I am seeking recommendations on how to upgrade the headlights with a street/road legal option. I don’t want to install a light bar or additional lights, as cool as that might look. Though, if that’s what someone would recommend, I’m open to that suggestion as well.

Kindly
OwlCreekRoad

A big thing is replacing the HID bulbs and getting a better version of them than the stock. HIDs tend to fade over time or even have stuttering/blinking issues as they get towards the end of life.

You can always upgrade your fog lights too which will help a bit and there are some road legal ones.

Osram night breakers or Philips extrevision 2, done.

Also consider 9011 HIR bulbs in your high beam location. They need a very simple modification to the bulb base but plug in to stock wiring and improve light output noticeably without any weird color or light pattern changes like the LED options.

Also there is some in-depth conversion on this topic if you spend some time searching.

Osram night breakers or Philips extrevision 2, done.

Also consider 9011 HIR bulbs in your high beam location. They need a very simple modification to the bulb base but plug in to stock wiring and improve light output noticeably without any weird color or light pattern changes like the LED options.

Also there is some in-depth conversion on this topic if you spend some time searching.
I hadn't heard of the 9011 bulbs, What needs to be modified? Meaning it doesn't fit in the standard housing of the high beam?

I hadn't heard of the 9011 bulbs, What needs to be modified? Meaning it doesn't fit in the standard housing of the high beam?

Edit to add: I used toenail clippers to make the snips. Worked great.

IMG_9626.jpeg

Last edited:
Bloc, thank you for the info. Can you please drop a link to the exact model to buy?

Thanks
David
Just search online for “Philips 9011 bulb” from whatever site you prefer to do business with. Should be about $25 each.

Note that 9012 is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom