2012 Lone Star Land Cruiser Round Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You'll drive by a WalMart on the south side of Brady as you travel to Mason. About 20 miles from K2, but it's the closest Wally World.
HTH
Nick

How close is the nearest place to K2 to get groceries (Wal-Mart, Kroger, Publix, etc)? I may not even have time to get to the store before I depart tomorrow. :(

If you have AT&T, you should be fine for voice. Data service may be slow. No Sprint coverage at the park or in Mason (at least there wasn't last year)

Loaded up and ready to pull out in the morning ( Almost :D ) Still a few things to pack. Cant wait to see everyone.

DSCN0023.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

DSCN0025.jpg

I too am loaded, trying to get out of B town by noon.........Kruse says he'll have a 2'' thick steak ready....

If you have AT&T, you should be fine for voice. Data service may be slow. No Sprint coverage at the park or in Mason (at least there wasn't last year)

Thanks, that is good to know. I do have AT&T; need to be able to get modest (~1MB) file attachments to email and send email.

Took my top off this afternoon in anticipation; hope I don't jinx the weather forecast!

IMG_0911-1.jpg

Here is some general information about the event.

Map directions to the new Katemcy Rocks (K2) Park:

LSLC Round Up 2012 - Google Maps

---

Thursday Morning:
Registration Opens at 8:30 ish

Friday Morning: Driver's Meeting at 9:00 ish (Special driver’s meeting raffle)

---

Friday Night:

BBQ Dinner – 5:30 pm
Raffle – following dinner

---

Saturday Night:

Pot Luck Dinner at 6:00 pm
John D. Hale Band in Concert - following dinner

Friday night festivities "may" be moved up depending on when Jason Boland goes on at the Peanut Mill.......

Hey Georg!

Bring a couple FJ60 and FJ40 keychains if you still have them.
;) Nick

Yall come awn, we're ready for ya!

Weather looks like it will be fine, a few showers possible Thursday and then just cloudy on Fri and Sat, highs mid 70s. No tornados followed by snow storms this year.

We do have ATT service at the rocks. If it is not sufficient for you, I have wireless at our B&B in town you can log on to.

Like Nick said, Wally World in Brady is the last Walmart. Mason does have groceries (we dont shoot and grow everything :). And we have concessions at the rocks. Great breakfast tacos, burgers and BBQ. I dont ever take ANY groceries out there.

Drive carefully.....I'm ready for some John D Sat night!!!

Shain
Katemcy Rocks ... Rock Crawling Texas Style

Headed South.... finally.

We do have ATT service at the rocks. If it is not sufficient for you, I have wireless at our B&B in town you can log on to.

Thanks Shain, good to know! It looks like the moon and stars are aligning and I may get to come for at least two days.

I will also bring my antenna analyzer and will be happy to check and/or tune cb and ham antennas for free as long as my batteries last. If you want your antenna tuned, please bring whatever tools or implements you need to shorten or lengthen your particular antenna.

In case anybody decides to break a rearend, I have a complete spare fj40 rear axle with me. Soa, disc brakes, 456 gears and ARB. Zero miles on it ......

Georg

Since I am already signing over my first born to you.....interested in swapping for the exact same zero hour axle set up, except welded instead of ARB?

Lol!

How much cash ya got perry? I've got a hand scribbled copy of your bar tab with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom