Builds 2012 Fauxoverlander Fire Agate Pearl Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. Im new here to the GX platform and first time Lexus owner. I recently sold off my Tacoma and wanted something different so I settled on this 2012 GX460 in Fire Agate Pearl ( it looks black in these pictures) with the F Sport Package. It had a pretty decent service history with 130 rounds on the clock. I was mostly sold on the uniqueness of the color. I have plans for it as Id like to keep it subtle and practical all of which I will document here. I have yet to think of a name so if you have any ideas feel free to drop a comment.

20210206_152717.jpg

20210206_152653.jpg

A name for your rig or for your build thread?
We name all our vehicles. My GX is Lexie and my wife's red Tacoma 4x4 is Rosie.

A name for your rig or for your build thread?
We name all our vehicles. My GX is Lexie and my wife's red Tacoma 4x4 is Rosie.
And name for my rig to name my build thread! :geek:
Congrats... I have same year and color w/black interior
Thank you very much! This color on black is a nice combo. I have the sepia which might be harder to keep clean.

Well, we, my wife and I usually try to name our vehicles either by personality, color, or similar to the vehicles factory name.
Hence, my wife's red Taco is "Rosie", my Lexus is Lexie, my previous 100 series Landcruiser with 35" tires, front and rear lockers I named Bruiser for it's off road abilities, our old Previa minivan (when our daughter was little) was Vanessa, and so on with our rigs.
Note that we prefer female names, but not always.
So here's a couple names for your rig:
Agatha, for the Agate color, or Pearl for the reason.
Or are there any traits you've come across yet or plan on doing to it to help name it?
Or you can go more macho like Storm Trooper looking at the photos you have!
Have fun!! :p

I love when things dont go as planned. I was on the FB Marketplace and found someone selling a brand new set of Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws in 285/70/17 fashion for $750. With the money Ive saved Ill be able to spring for a decent set of wheels.

20210213_161407.jpg

the f sport grill looks nice with your color combo
Thanks much! It was an added bonus to have the F Sport Package. Out the handful of trucks I looked at while shopping this was the only one the had it.

Last edited:
My wheels arrived today. I chose the Turbomacs because they slightly remind me of the classic JDM wheels youd see on Land Cruisers overseas in Japan but with a little modern flare. They're fairly lightweight at 26lbs a piece and should look good with the Wildpeaks. They will fill the wheelwells nicely once the lift kit arrives.

20210218_135252.jpg

There's little to compare the excitement of getting new wheels and tires and waiting for them to get mounted! :cheers:

There's little to compare the excitement of getting new wheels and tires and waiting for them to get mounted! :cheers:
The anticipation is killing me right now! I have to fight the urge to mount them until I install the lift otherwise Ill be hacking up body parts!

Slowly starting to accumulate parts. I had a great experience with the amount of adjustability in my previous rig so it only made sense to order another set for this turd. Still waiting on a few key components from TOOR to get this thing up in the air.
20210223_082749.jpg

Stunning color! I look forward to following your Build. I happen to have have craigslist Wildpeaks from a 4Runner owner upsized after a few weeks.

Driver side wheel bearing started making some so I decide to do both while I was at it. Huge thanks to bluepitbearings for the quality parts and fast shipping!
20210306_090937.jpg

20210306_090959.jpg

20210306_092744.jpg
20210306_093206.jpg
20210306_094510.jpg

Looking forward to your next post . I just picked up a 13 of in the same color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom