2012 - 2015 LX 570 Front LED Upgrades? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know of any high quality plug and play (direct swap, no modding of housings) LED bulb upgrades for the driving lights, high beams and fogs? Looking for something brighter and whiter if possible for night trails and camping.

Also, anyone ever add spots, like Rigid or other brands, to the areas next to the stock fogs where there is the black plastic trim piece (circled below)?

Ideally looking to fit something up that is OEM+ looking.
109D97D7-F8F8-45B8-82DF-57CAF6769798.jpeg

I haven't seen a good vertically oriented narrow light.

Throwing this idea out there but I could perhaps see cutting out the OEM fog light along with the blank space you're looking to fill. And then install a large 6-7" style offroad driving light like a Baja Designs LP6.

Perhaps not as stock looking as you'd like but could possible work well with a more aggressively modded rig. A bit rally style with a larger lower lamp.

Curious enough to test this idea some more with a visual aid. I think it has promise! This is with the Baja Designs LP6 but there's many flavors out there.

1644788973700.png

@2014 LEX 570 GA Let us know if you find any high beam led bulb that you like. I have morimoto 2 stroke and am not happy with the beam pattern and the light output. Could be because of an LED bulb in the projector housing. Wish there was a daylight 9005 halogen bulb that is pretty close to OEM HID low beam color.

My LED fog light (yellow) is pretty bright and wide spread pattern. I like it for fact that it doesn't glare in oncoming cars but light up everything from sign boards hanging on top in freeways and even wider angle horizontally.
I really lights up a everything in a yellowish reflection that its not offensive to eyes and add brightness to perception.
I like it that it makes my led headlamps warmer. Without the the fog light my led headlights are too bright for my eyes. (I am light sensitive, but like the bright whiter light). This yellow spread makes it better for me.
Will send pictures in the evening. I researched these yellow fog lights a bit and bought this one. Other brands reviews usually complain that their lights are too weak and not as bright as they claim. Also the specs on some of the brands add the lumens of both lights together and mention that in their listing (which is misleading).

@2014 LEX 570 GA Let us know if you find any high beam led bulb that you like. I have morimoto 2 stroke and am not happy with the beam pattern and the light output. Could be because of an LED bulb in the projector housing. Wish there was a daylight 9005 halogen bulb that is pretty close to OEM HID low beam color.
I had very nice IPF LEDs in the reflector high beam location on my 13 cruiser and didn't like those either. Went back to HIR bulbs and am quite happy with them.

If it weren't for the need to flash (and it's tendency to kill ballasts apparently) I'd run HID highs to get the light source exactly where it is supposed to be.

I was just looking on amazon last night during the Super Bowl at the morimoto lights. Are you speaking of these:

Amazon product ASIN B00XA3C2FA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom