2011 LX570 under hood covers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just bought a 2011 LX570. under the hood in the engine compartment is concealed with covers of some sort. do these serve a purpose? what do you do with yours? can i take these off and just store them somewhere?

It keeps engine noise levels down. I think some people on this forum have taken off and put them in storage.

The question has been asked many times here. It does not appreciably change noise levels or serve any purpose other than to "beautify" the engine bay. I removed mine and put them in the crawl space. They only impede access to the engine, so pull them off until you're ready to sell the truck.

I took mine off and broke most of the "plastic screws" in the process; the covers are currently lying in a garage shelf. As mentioned above, no real functional purpose other than to make the engine bay look nice.

I find the covers get in the way of examining the engine and the rest of the components. They will be forever off until I decide to sell the truck, which may not be for a very long time :)

Yes I also took my covers off the first time I open the hood. they are purely cosmetic and a terrible idea and now reside in my attic. I Also broke a few of the plastic pin things when I remove them.

If you dig far enough in the car, you'll see how extensive the measures are to reduce noise, vibration, and harshness. From the way things are mounted in the engine bay, attenuating foam in key areas of the engine, to the extensive double layer gaskets in the doors, etc. The engine covers are just another layer of that effort. All together, they make for one of the smoothest and quietest riding SUVs on the market. Even with AT tires.

I like to wrench. Yet I like the buttery smoothness of my Lexus. The covers easy enough to remove when I need to service the car. So I leave them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom