2011 LX570 AHC Leveling Issue? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I purchased my LX a few months ago and it has about 158k on it. Recently, I've noticed the suspension making significant leveling adjustments while driving. When under hard braking, I can feel the nose diving a bit more than usual, and after stopping I can feel the rear of the truck drop noticeably. Took it in to my mechanic a few weeks ago, and they couldn't replicate the issue or find any codes, but did mention that the front shocks had started to leak a bit. It has gotten more and more noticeable as time goes on.

There doesn't seem to be an issue with it losing pressure as it sits overnight, it only seems to adjust a lot under hard braking or in and out of bumps. I can sometimes hear the noise of the suspension raising and lowering.

Any idea what this could be? I am thinking a fluid flush and potentially an accumulator issue, but was wondering if anyone else has run into this. Wanted to hear a few extra opinions before throwing the money into a new set of shocks. Thanks!

Also, not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I noticed the problem start to occur not long after I switched to a stock set of LC200 18's with stock all season michelins.

My 14 LX with 170K adjust the level while sitting on the traffic all the time.
It adjust more aggressively after getting off the highway... I found it normal.
Not sure about your leaking shocks...

Someone will chime in with the chart but if I recall the truck will drop at 62mph. I always feel it as well as when it raises back up at a stop.

For reference my truck has about same mileage as yours. I bought it at 96k. My shocks leaked for a long time, like 30k miles before I replaced them. I've also replaced all four accumulators and done two fluid flushes in between. It rides amazing even with the extra weight of my build.

Yeah, might have just not noticed up to this point... flushing the fluid should have no impact on the shock leakage right? Might need to check those accumulators too

Yeah, might have just not noticed up to this point... flushing the fluid should have no impact on the shock leakage right? Might need to check those accumulators too

No—at that mileage you are likely due anyway. The shocks are super cheap. There is nothing to inspect with the accumulators really. If you can't tell the difference between normal/sport/comfort and/or truck is riding roughly, you probably need them.

Most people who replace them source from the gray market—I got mine from ebay seller JDMPLANET and they are like 1/4 of the cost of US lexus dealer.

My plan is to put a set of 33in K02 on and adjust the height sensors up a bit before snow season, I can probably ride it out until then. I can still tell a bit of difference between the drive modes, and it still rides well, so I will see how much of a difference the tires make to the ride and then reassess. Just didn't really notice the auto leveling being that aggressive until about a month or so ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom