2011 LX570 - 90K mile service what I learned (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a 2011 LX570 - 88K miles. Put 2K miles on it and wanted to get the 90K mile service done. CA car, always serviced by Lexus. A couple of things I did and learned if it helps anyone.

- This forum is fantastic. I spent a bunch of time here researching. Helped me tremendously.
- While I could have done it all myself, I elected not to as I am doing new floors in the house and my time is jacked right now.
- I chose Amsoil because I have had great luck with their products. For the super speciality oil (AHC and transfer Case) I played it safe and went OEM. Not a commerical, not trying to get into a religious debate and not trying to sell anyone, just my thought process.

- AHC - My biggest motivation was actually the AHC flush. I didn't want a 4K bill off the bat for a suspension rebuild. My gut was right. Fluid was dog nasty, had to be original and it was at the bottom fill line. It was only a matter of time before I had an issue. Products used: OEM Lexus / Toyota (W0133-2757084)

- Brakes - Flushed. I also had the StopTech Stainless Steel brake lines installed. Even though I didn't do rotors or pads the stopping difference is noticable! Products used: Amsoil (BFLVCN) and StopTech (950.44025 and 950.44519)

- Engine - Simple oil change Products used: Amsoil Signature Series 0W-20 (ASMQT) Amsoil Filter (EA15K04) Archoil additive (AR9100)

- Front and Rear Differential - Rear was like new. Front was nasty. I don't think the front had been done. Product used: Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-90 (SVGPK)

- Transmission - Like new - Product Used: Amsoil Signature Series ATF (ATLPK) OEM Filter

- Cabin and intake air filter

Still left to do or items to be addressed after the inspection.

1. Transfer Case - The very expenisve stuff didn't arrive in time. Will get this done in the next couple of weeks. Product: Toyota Transfer Gear Oil LT 75W (08885-81080)

2. Plugs - While there is nothing going on that would lead me to believe the need to be replaced, I am going to do them now. Product: NGK Ruthernium HX (LFR6AHX-S)

3. Brakes - Looks like someone threw new pads on old rotors. Products: DBA Rotors (DBA42723S/DBA42722S) - DBA SD610 Pads (DB1838XP/DB1857) I am sacraficing a little bit of stopping power for less dust. Overall it should be a nice upgrade from stock.

4. Rims/Tires - Not a service item by anymeans, but I got tracking info on my 18" TRD PRO, HE Bronze Wheels today! (PT960-60200-05)

In summary, even though Carfax showed it serviced only at the dealer and regualry, they skipped things.

Anything I overlooked?

Last edited:
Why didn’t you use WS fluid in the transmission?
I don't have anything against the WS fluid. This is my first "toyota" vehicle and I have more experience with Amsoil. I know this is a link to oil and not ATF, but in general I have had great luck. I appreciate their engineering and quality. I also live in Phoenix, and with our temps we are hard on engines.

All of that being said I watched several portions of the video 32cls linked and in 30K miles (I live in PHX) when I do it again, I may very well switch back. As a rule I prefer Amsoil for the general line of fluids and OEM for specific (AHC / transfer case). All manufactures have their own labeled stuff and most is generic rebranded something. Honestly, I didn't realize that WS was that specialized TBH.

Thank you both for educating me.

I used almost all that same fluids as you. Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-90 for Front and Rear Differential and Amsoil Signature Series ATF for the Transmission. Happy so far. Your plans look good. Enjoy the ride!

If your radiator is original you should add that to your to do list, It isn't critical to replace before failure but just know it will likely fail. The new part number you need is 16400-50384. You can read about what to look for here: 2008-2010 Radiator Failure and Public Service Announcement - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2008-2010-radiator-failure-and-public-service-announcement.917447/

I'd highly recommend upgrading your cupholder if you find the stock one useless. 200 Series Double Cup Holder – BH3D Printing - http://www.bh3dprinting.com/product/200-series-double-cup-holder/

How hard was your front diff plug to remove? I am still struggling to get mine removed. I bought the replacement hex head version awhile back, but now I can't find it in the garage....:bang:

How hard was your front diff plug to remove? I am still struggling to get mine removed. I bought the replacement hex head version awhile back, but now I can't find it in the garage....:bang:
Mine was harder than the rear but easier than the AHC flush. Mine has been a CA car its whole life though. I may not be the best example, or I am the best example depending how you look at it! :)

This might be worth a try if you want to try an interim step prior to breaking out the cold chisel or welding: Toyota Hilux Prado FJ Cruiser Diff Drain Plug Removal Tool - https://www.kaon.com.au/diff-drain-plug-removal-tool-to-suit-toyota-hilux

I emailed with Kaon and they said i fits the 200.

Well, this would have been really handy to me a few days ago when I placed my order with them for their 3rd row roof shelf. Damn, that shipping cost is brutal.

Thanks for the post. I have a used 2011 LX570 with double your miles. Only had it for about 50K miles. I'm going to get a bunch of this stuff done in the next few months. This forum has been awesome researching all the likely to fail items.

As a follow-up I finished:
1. OEM PCV
2. Transfer case flush with Toyota OEM LF 75W Gear Oil and Archoil AR9100 @ 3.2oz per quart
3. Flush power steering fluid aith Amsoil ATF

Next oil change switching to Amsoil Signature 5W-30 and Amsoil Filter (EA15K04) Archoil additive (AR9100). I live in the desert, want thicker oil.

@banditti @g1701gst @linuxgod what has been your impressions of the Amsoil Signature AFT fluid? So far all the Online / YouTube reviews I have seen are all positive for this ATF fluid. I am looking at doing an ATF fluid exchange and filter/screen replacement. Leaning towards the Amsoil and would like to hear some long term reviews of this compared to WS ATF. How many miles do you plan on running the Amsoil before changing it out ?

Last edited:
@banditti @g1701gst @linuxgod what has been your impressions of the Amsoil Signature AFT fluid? So far all the Online / YouTube reviews I have seen are all positive for this ATF fluid. I am looking at doing an ATF fluid exchange and filter/screen replacement. Leaning towards the Amsoil and would like to hear some long term reviews of this compared to WS ATF. How many miles do you plan on running the Amsoil before changing it out ?
Performance is the same, seems to be working great so far. I'll probably start thinking about my next ATF fluid change after 60K miles of use.

Performance is the same, seems to be working great so far. I'll probably start thinking about my next ATF fluid change after 60K miles of use.
Cool thanks!

I use Amsoil ATF WS. It’s fine, no issues. I’d equally use Toyota ATF WS for the same $.

I change mine (all 12 quarts) every 30k, which is probably overkill but since at least half that mileage is towing I feel the extra $300 every 2-2.5 years is worth it given the cost of a new transmission. If you’re doing a full flush every 60k is probably fine which iirc is what the manual says for heavy use. I think Toyota only suggests a 3-4 quart pan flush though.

I use Amsoil ATF WS. It’s fine, no issues. I’d equally use Toyota ATF WS for the same $.

I change mine (all 12 quarts) every 30k, which is probably overkill but since at least half that mileage is towing I feel the extra $300 every 2-2.5 years is worth it given the cost of a new transmission. If you’re doing a full flush every 60k is probably fine which iirc is what the manual says for heavy use. I think Toyota only suggests a 3-4 quart pan flush though.
Thanks for the info. Since I don’t tow I may just go with WS fluid and a new filter/screen with the fluid exchange.

@banditti @g1701gst what has been your impressions of the Amsoil Signature AFT fluid? So far all the Online / YouTube reviews I have seen are all been positive for this ATF fluid. I am looking at doing an ATF fluid exchange and filter/screen replacement. Leaning towards the Amsoil and would like to hear some long term reviews of this compared to WS ATF. How many miles do you plan on running the Amsoil before changing it out ?
First, in this thread there are some conpelling reasons to keep using WS. That being said, I do like the Amsoil, I’ll use it next flush for sure. I live in Phoenix and hopefully plan to pick up a teardrop trailer this year some time so for those reasons I flush every 30k. It’s relatively cheap insurance is how I view it.

one side note that has nothing to do with the quality of the product, the “Capri Sun” containers rock. They make the job so easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom