For Sale 2011 Ford F-350 4x4 Super Duty Powerstroke Flatbed Truck with 1997 4WC Grandby Package $32955 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For sale is our 2011 Ford F-350 FX4 4x4 6.7L Powerstroke turbo diesel flatbed truck with a 1997 4 Wheel Campers Grandby Pop-up Slide-In Camper package for sale. This is an awesome, versatile and capable rig that gets thumbs up everywhere it goes.

37049359091_10ccd0e6bc_z.jpg

The truck:
2011 Ford F-350 XLT Supercab 4x4 Flatbed
6.7L Scorpion Powerstroke turbo diesel 400hp, 800ft/lbs torque. Un-modified/never-chipped powertrain and emissions system. 50 state emissions compliant.
6-speed Torqshift Auto trans. Best auto trans I’ve ever driven.
FX4 off-road package with AdvancedTrak hi and low range 4x4 with e-locking rear differential.
Strong 4-wheel ABS disc power brakes
Cruise control, power windows, power door locks, keyless entry, cold AC
Tilt Wheel, power adjustable height pedals, heated mirrors
Sirius Satellite radio/CD/Microsoft SYNC MP3
Grey buckets, power adjustable driver seat, fold down center console and 6 seating capacity. Black carpet
New Autozone AGM Platinum maintenance-free /leak-free batteries with 7 year warranty (4/17), fresh changed oil and filter, recently changed fuel filters and air filter.
120,xxx miles
Clean, clear title is in-hand and ready to be transferred.
No accidents. No rust. Clean, straight and shiny Southwest-owned truck.

Build/accessories:
Warn Ascent Front winch-ready bumper (OEM bumper included)
9 foot steel Largotank flatbed with WeatherGuard Hi-Side aluminum storage boxes. Never run out of storage or ways to configure this truck.
Front suspension leveled. Newer rear Bilstein 5100 shocks.
ATX Mojave Teflon wheels with Cooper Discover STT 295 70 R17 tires (approx. 33” tires). 50%+ tread left.
WeatherTech front and rear floormats included.

Overall condition:
A big part of the reason I bought this truck is that it was a one owner truck that was dealer serviced its entire life with a clean, clear, no accident Car Fax report. Included with sale is a clear Oasis dealer report with the truck’s entire service history performed at Ziem’s in Farmington, NM and one service performed just up the road at Durango Motor Company (our Ford dealer here) .
The only service not performed at the Ford dealer’s listed above were 2 Rotella synthetic oil changes, and recent fuel filters (2), an air filter change all carefully done by me to get to know the truck in addition to the installation of new 7 year warrantied AGM batteries (all receipts included). I’m a capable mechanic and take impeccable care of my vehicles.
The body of the truck is straight and shows well with very minimal dents and mostly scratch-free paint. The paint isn’t show-car perfect ("pinstripe" on passenger door I'll try to buff out), but cleans up nicely and looks like new from a few feet away.
This has been a Southwest truck its whole life. Very clean engine compartment and frame with no rust or other damage.
Everything works as it should, including door locks, windows, buttons, stereo, keyless entry, lights and interior and exterior functions.
Interior is clean, stain free and freshly shampooed but shows wear in some trim pieces and carpet as indicated in pics. Windshield is clean and chip/crack-free. Dealer tinted front door windows show some scratches in the tint, but no peeling.
Clean, clear Oasis report indicating all dealer service from day one and a clean bill of health given by Durango Motor Company Ford dealer of Durango, CO
All other documents included in sale including Owner’s manuals, accessories receipts and warranty cards, etc.

The verdict: Truck runs strong, quiet and straight. Starts easily in any temperature we encountered (-10 F was the lowest and it fired right up). Ford’s advanced glow plug technology makes for an easy gas-like owner experience. The truck has the capacity to tow just about anything, although I only had it rigged with the 4WCamper, so it’s led a pretty easy life with me these last few months. The truck doesn’t even feel the camper, the fuel economy barely dips and the suspension doesn’t sag an inch with the weight. Loaded or unloaded, the truck drives down the road like a large, smooth luxury sedan and, even loaded with the camper and everything we own, will cruise 80mph down mountain Interstates with power to spare. Even my wife enjoyed driving it. This truck is amazing. The Supercab still allows room for 6, but doesn’t create the long feel or lousy break-over of a longer, 4 door fullsize truck. It’s big, but with the lifted solid front axle, the higher approach bumper and the rear locker, is still a capable 4 wheel machine. We’re selling it only because a one ton truck is a little too much for our purposes now that our big summer adventures are over.

We lovingly named this truck the Silver Buffalo and hope it goes to a good home.

The camper:
1997 4 Wheel Campers Grandby pop-up camper.
4WheelCampers have made a name for themselves in the last 40 plus years. Hands down, they are the most rugged, well-built pop-up campers on the market with welded aluminum framed construction and simple, uncomplicated and ruggedly built systems.

Specs and upgrades:
941 lbs dry. Super light weight yet ruggedly built. Aluminum is king.
Bluesea Systems 12V breaker on the truck. 110V ready. Simple wiring straight to the truck; no aux batteries to charge and maintain.
New queen size 4” memory foam mattress with soft, waterproof stain-guard mattress cover.
New manual pump faucet with new Shurflo electric water pump
New freshwater plumbing with 12 gallon tank recently removed, cleaned and bleached.
Wedgewood 2-burner stove with 20lb propane tankage and locked external storage cabinet
Wave catalytic heater. Totally silent, compact and super-efficient heating.
Carefree of Colorado Freedom Passenger side awning
All interior bulbs converted to LED
Front lift panel replaced with a composite retrofit (just like the current 4WC offerings)
New Advanced commercial-grade vinyl flooring
New backdoor lock w/ keyed deadbolt
Almost all original documents included with sale including the original spec sheet, receipts for accessories and services, etc.

Overall condition:
This camper has been well-used in its 20 years, but is leak-free and fully functional. Hypalon “canvas” is showing some signs of wear but the pinholes evident in the usual wear spots are very small and it was our experience that they are watertight even in the harshest storms. The peeling oak veneer cabinet faces have been replaced with birch plywood and real oak trim but some of the veneer has started to peel on the walls. The interior fabric is holding up well with no stains or holes, but is starting to fade in spots. A new Advanced vinyl floor was expertly installed with their pro floor adhesive. It matches beautifully with the camper (and the truck). The front plywood lift panel has been retrofitted with a composite lift panel like the new campers from 4WC and there’s another composite lift panel waiting to be installed when the rear panel starts to go. Carefree of Colorado awning was on the truck and not working when we bought it. I fixed the extension knuckle, and even though the fabric is in fair shape (small tear patched with duct tape by PO), the awning opens and closes a little clumsily. I would consider replacing the entire awning, but for now, you’ve got one that works and I can advertise it's there. The exterior skin is showing some signs of age but would look good with a truck-color matched paint job. However, I remind myself this isn’t a show car but a hard working capable expedition vehicle meant for the beaten path. The fridge has been updated to a newer Norcold 3-way purchased from a friend on Expo. I installed it in December and haven't gotten the chance to test out its functionality. The friend I purchased it from said it was working and I have no reason not to believe them.

The final verdict: Clean, functional, no leaks with many options and restorations, but shows its age when compared with the new, sleek (and insanely expensive) offerings from 4WC. We love the simplicity and ruggedness of this camper, but if you’re looking for the fit, finish and amenities of a brand new 2017 Grandby, you may be disappointed here. Do take in mind that a new, fully optioned Grandby flatbed model that has the storage capacity of this rig, will set you back nearly $35k. For what I’m asking, it’s almost like buying the camper and getting the truck for free.

The package:
This is an awesome go-anywhere, do-anything package. A lot of thought, research, time and energy went into building it (not to mention literal blood, sweat and tears) and in to making sure it’s bullet-proof. Load the camper on the truck Friday, camp and still have a capable work-truck on Monday morning. You don’t get that kind of versatility from any other RV. Nearly infinite storage options with the camper’s under-seat storage and the exterior Weatherguard storage boxes. Load the dusty, dirty or wet stuff outside and keep the camper and truck clean inside. My wife and I lived out of the truck for 2 months, putting over 5,000 miles exploring the West and we dispersed, self-contained camped exclusively with ski, bike, and motorcycle gear and never once thought we needed more storage. Amazing when you see the amount of gear we brought. We got compliments and big thumbs up on the rig everywhere we went, but it gets the “good” kind of attention and isn’t so over the top that you’d garner the “bad” kind of attention. We’ll be sad to see it go, but a smaller truck will serve us better now that our big trip is over.
We can talk Turn- key package available for those in need (overseas travelers, etc) with cookware, plates, cups, cutlery for 2, RestStop wag-bag toilet, grey water hose, full propane tank, small air compressor, shovel, bottle jack, tow strap, jumper cables, diesel fuel additive (always used when filling up), an old tool set, and even a cooler if you’d like. All you’d have to do is load up with food and personal gear and head out into North America’s wild unknown.

I am happy to facilitate a Fly & Drive or can discuss delivery if that should suit you better.

We’d consider trades for a low mile 2012-2014 DCLB Tacoma, 2012+ 4Runner or Subaru WRX hatchback or Outback, low mile Volvo XC wagon +/- cash on either end. This being Mud...my wife is going to kill me...will consider the right 40 or 70 series Land Cruiser. On all trades, I gotta warn you, I'm picky, so it'd have to be the right trade.

Asking $32,955

37049353201_6158807742_z.jpg

37049371671_b66b7fc302_z.jpg

37049369191_b2b30f1b99_z.jpg

more pics at https://www.flickr.com/photos/nratliff/albums/72157686357797541

And a current video (1/8/18) of the truck, the camper, starting, idling, running down the highway and popping up:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o5m...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Love it! If you're at all interested in a 3x locked 40th 80 with 180k, let me know :)

Sorry bajaphile...as you can see I'm not here as often as I should be. I'd love to see your 80. You can email me at n.ratliff@yahoo.com

Truck is still available with a newer Norcold Fridge installed.

Tried to open the video and it says it has been deleted. Just an fyi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom