2011 Colorado Toyota Jamboree July 29th-31st (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.addictedoffroad.com
Colorado Toyota Jamboree 2011
July 29th, 30th, and 31st
Buena Vista, Colorado

Sponsored by:

Addicted Off Road has always supported the Colorado 4Runner Jamboree's the last 3 years with some killer raffle items in the past. This year is no exception! The name of this premiere Colorado event has also changed to avoid some confusion. All Toyota makes and models are welcome!

Camping:
We will camp in the National Forest area of FourMile Travel Management area, just east of the town of Buena Vista. Our campsite is huge, and plenty big to hold 50-60 rigs plus tow rigs and trailers.

Four Mile camping map
Four Mile CO4RJ map.pdf

We will place some signs to the entrance of County Road 305 and 315 to help guide you to the campsite. Our campsite will be between 315 and 305 on 376. There will be signs and a large Addicted Offroad banner at camp. It is very easy to find.

We recommend using 305 to head up if you are towing.
(http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...&ll=38.8619,-106.052227&spn=0.022155,0.045447)

Trails:
Here is a list of the trails located near the Buena Vista area.
Boulder Mountain (Stocker friendly)
BV Carnage
Chinaman Gulch
Grizzly Lake (Stocker friendly except for the first big ledge, might need a pull)
Hancock Pass (Stocker friendly)
Holy Cross
Iron Chest
Lost Canyon (Stocker friendly)
Mount Antero (Stocker friendly)
Mount Princeton
Pomeroy Lakes (Stocker friendly)
Tincup Pass (Stocker friendly)
Wheeler Lake
Williams Pass (Stocker friendly but only open Aug 1st-31st)

Trail Schedule:
There is no official trail schedule. Everyone gathers around the campfire the night before and talks about what trails they want to run the next day or forms trail runs on this thread. This process makes you talk to other Toyota owners to find out what kind of rig they have & what trails they like to run. The groups gather at camp in the morning and take off from there.

We normally have 2-3 different groups of trucks on different trails each day of the Jambo. There will be stocker/close to stocker groups, mildly built groups, and hardcore groups running trails.

We will be running Holy Cross for sure on Friday, July 29th to avoid the normal weekend traffic that Holy Cross is known for. Other than that, it's wide open!

Raffle:
Each Toyota owner that brings a rig will receive 1 raffle ticket. Additional tickets can be bought for $1/ea or 6 tickets for $5. All the proceeds will be donated to "Stay the Trail"

Last edited:
Subscribed. I love BV. This looks like a great itinerary. Any Hundies show up at previous years?

Crap that sucks we are planniing the first weekend in Aug to go for a coule of days. Maybe I will talk to the wife and change plans.We where there last year about the same time and had a blast. Taken the wife this time hoping she will love the scenery. Iron chest was really cool at the top.

Camp is going to be halfway between 305 and 315 on 376. I would head up the easier road (305) if you are towing as its a much easier pull without having to go through the wash.

We used to camp just to the left of 315 on 376. But that spot is much smaller now that they blocked a bunch of stuff off. The new site may be even bigger.

I will have a big shop banner and signs out this year. It should be easy to find.

http://www.volcom.rockfrogs.org/CO4RJ-10/Fourmile-CO4RJ-map.pdf

gonna be busy...all4fun starts that weekend and last i heard, their registration was just over 450 participants.

here's a list of the trails they are running

Chinaman's Gulch
Carnage (extreme)
Holy Cross
Tin Cup Pass / Cumberland Pass / Alpine Tunnel / Hancock Pass
Grizzly Lake
Mt. Antero / Browns Lake
Taylor Mountain
Halfmoon Gulch
Baldwin Lakes / Boulder Mountain
Rawley Mine / Bonanza
Williams Pass / Alpine Tunnel / Hancock
Mt. Princeton

gonna be busy...all4fun starts that weekend and last i heard, their registration was just over 450 participants.

here's a list of the trails they are running

Chinaman's Gulch
Carnage (extreme)
Holy Cross
Tin Cup Pass / Cumberland Pass / Alpine Tunnel / Hancock Pass
Grizzly Lake
Mt. Antero / Browns Lake
Taylor Mountain
Halfmoon Gulch
Baldwin Lakes / Boulder Mountain
Rawley Mine / Bonanza
Williams Pass / Alpine Tunnel / Hancock
Mt. Princeton

Every year we have held this event there was another competing event at the same time. We really haven't had any issues at all on the trails with traffic. You're going to run into traffic no matter what, so its really not a big issue.

i was at grizzley one year when all 4 fun showed up, we were coming down at the river we we meet them, needless to say we got down the last block 2hrs later and bunch of dirty looks for some reason

So, we are going to have a decent raffle this year.

We will have products and/or gift certs from the following companies:
Front Range Off Road
Ruff Stuff Specialties
Addicted Offroad
WabFab
RA Designs
ProfenderUSA
Big Horn Graphics
Trail-Gear
Battlement Fab
Karnage Fab

And hopefully a few more will roll in this week.

Okay, we should be on National Forest Land. Not BLM, so we can now have fires.

CHAFFEE COUNTY FIRE RESTRICTIONS: JULY 24, 2011

After consultation with local fire officials and our federal lands counterparts, Chaffee County is removing its fire restrictions within the unincorporated areas of the county.

National Forest Service has also removed its restrictions.

A word of caution: BLM lands remain at Stage II. PROHIBITED on those lands are ALL open fires, including campfires; smoking except within a building or automobile; chainsaws and other motorized equipment “for any purpose;” and blasting, welding, and similar activities.

Another word of caution: Because of the unpredictability of our local weather conditions, and the possibility that dry conditions may well return it is quite possible that the County may return to some type of restriction.

looking to head up there saturday for a trail run and hang out....

any idea on what trails will be ran?

or what time the groups will be heading from camp?

what's the plans for saturday afternoon? raffles? bbqs?

can't make the whole weekend but looking forward to some wheeling on saturday

We will be BBQing on Saturday night and the raffle will be held as soon as its done (and I can get cleaned up) LOL

Saturday runs will be all over the place. The only formal run we have will be Holy Cross on Friday.

But, in years past, most guys plan their Saturday day run around the fire. We usually leave for the trail around 9am from camp, and I have the map to camp posted in the original post and again in this thread (I think).

I will be running Wheeler Lake on Saturday I think. I plan to leave for the trail around 9am.

Scotty

Wow! What an absolutely amazing week of wheeling.

I want to thank everyone for attending as well as all of the sponsors who donated items for the raffle. The turn out for this event was EPIC. We had at least 60 rigs attend, and well over 100 people at the event and had very few issues.

I also finally got a tally on the raffle ticket $$$. I will be cutting a check to Stay the Trail for $656.00 to help keep our trails open.

We also had Tim from CRAWL Magazine at the event to cover it for an upcoming issue. He took tons of pics on both Holy Cross on Friday and Buena Vista Carnage on Saturday. I would like to thank him as well for covering the event.

All in all, the event was a big success. We will need to make some changes next year to try to accommodate a bigger camp, not to mention making the trail runs a little more organized. For a "Just show up and lets wheel" event, I still think it went better than expected.

I will be going through all of my wife's pics and should have them up sometime tonight as well.

At this point, my mind is absolutely fried which means I had a hell of a good time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom