2010 vs 2014 LX 570...differenes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
worldseasonings.com
Hello everybody. I have 84' 60 series and I have a 2007 FJ cruiser. I am looking at picking up either a 2010 or a 2014 LX

Both have roughly the same mileage. That 2010 has 88000 miles and the 2014 has 84000 miles 4000 miles. Price is about $4000 difference.

Are there any significant differences between the 2 vehicles? From what I've read it doesn't seem like there is much exciting much except for the entertainment system is different. If any of you could advise which is the better option I would appreciate it.

Both are super clean and both have had 2 previous owners.

2010 is the first year of Bluetooth audio and calling, so that's not really a difference (although the systems are still slightly different).

The biggest functional difference is that the crawl control is updated with 5-speeds instead of 3, Turn Assist and Multi-Terrain Select is added.

Headlights are HID low beam and dual projector on 2014 vs single projector and halogen low/high beam. Taillights on the 2013+ are nicer, but functionally equivalent.

Blinking side view mirrors and a few other odds and ends are upgraded on the 2013+. The combi meter screen is nicer with more (mostly useless) info available

Probably the biggest positive for the 2010 is better approach angles, because the bumper doesn't hang as low. If you intend to do an aftermarket bumper, then that point is moot.

Are you kidding me?
With that much price difference, the answer is obvious as long as no significant rust or accident history.
I chose 2014 because of HID lighting, slightly updated styling, etc.
Like I said my friend… I own FJ cruisers and an old land cruise are. I know nothing about the L x's nothing about the Alexis. Thank you for your feedback though I really appreciate it

2010 is the first year of Bluetooth audio and calling, so that's not really a difference (although the systems are still slightly different).

The biggest functional difference is that the crawl control is updated with 5-speeds instead of 3, Turn Assist and Multi-Terrain Select is added.

Headlights are HID low beam and dual projector on 2014 vs single projector and halogen low/high beam. Taillights on the 2013+ are nicer, but functionally equivalent.

Blinking side view mirrors and a few other odds and ends are upgraded on the 2013+. The combi meter screen is nicer with more (mostly useless) info available

Probably the biggest positive for the 2010 is better approach angles, because the bumper doesn't hang as low. If you intend to do an aftermarket bumper, then that point is moot.
That's exactly why I love this forrum i appreciate all your knowledge that you just dropped on me. I agree it's a no brainer to go with the 2014.. With that said what do you guys think is a good price for a 2014 with 84000 miles on it And it is flawless without one scratch I even noticed on it on it?

Here's a PDF with new features added since 2010, its a read but it's all the info.
This is the LC pdf, LX pdf posted 5 posts down.

Attachments

• NHlaRh-Outline_of_New_Features.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Here's a PDF with new features added since 2010, its a read but it's all the info.
Never seen that guide. Pretty neat. It is for a LC and not an LX, although there are definitely some overlapping updates there...

Hello everybody. I have 84' 60 series and I have a 2007 FJ cruiser. I am looking at picking up either a 2010 or a 2014 LX

Both have roughly the same mileage. That 2010 has 88000 miles and the 2014 has 84000 miles 4000 miles. Price is about $4000 difference.

Are there any significant differences between the 2 vehicles? From what I've read it doesn't seem like there is much exciting much except for the entertainment system is different. If any of you could advise which is the better option I would appreciate it.

Both are super clean and both have had 2 previous owners.

That's exactly why I love this forrum i appreciate all your knowledge that you just dropped on me. I agree it's a no brainer to go with the 2014.. With that said what do you guys think is a good price for a 2014 with 84000 miles on it And it is flawless without one scratch I even noticed on it on it?
Fwiw, I paid $42k for a 13 with 62k, FL truck no accidents, Zero rust, no dings like 3 months ago, pretty sure I over paid but that’s life.

Here is the PDF for the LX
2014 is the better deal

Attachments

• TIS - Lexus 2011-2014 LX570 New Car Features (NM1690U).pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Fwiw, I paid $42k for a 13 with 62k, FL truck no accidents, Zero rust, no dings like 3 months ago, pretty sure I over paid but that’s life.
Seems good to me. I'm going to try to grab the 2014 for $40k. They are asking $41999. Has 84000. But I'm pretty sure a nice old lady drove around town. Spotless!

Seems good to me. I'm going to try to grab the 2014 for $40k. They are asking $41999. Has 84000. But I'm pretty sure a nice old lady drove around town. Spotless!
The 4yrs less wear on plastic is worth the 4K. The bonus features are just a cherry on top.

I’d say the 14 is priced fair, considering 2016+ start at $50k these days. A 2010 at 38k is very high, no matter how clean it is. I’d say it was worth more like 30-32 if it was immaculate.

Yea I would have liked to get mine for 40 but they didn’t move on the price. Make sure to check the radiator crack that’s seems to be present on every one of these trucks. If you’re lucky it will already have been replaced.

Yea I would have liked to get mine for 40 but they didn’t move on the price. Make sure to check the radiator crack that’s seems to be present on every one of these trucks. If you’re lucky it will already have been replaced.
Thanks for the info on the radiator. I would have never thought to check that period I'm definitely going to take it to my mechanic and have him give it a Look to make sure everything checks out

FYI. I purchased from out of state as well. I had ppi completed before flying out to pick up the lx. The dealer that performed the ppi didn’t notice the crack radiator. It of course noticed by the forum when I posted photo.

Another data point for you. I paid 36k in may 2018 for 2013 lx with 86 k miles. Meticulous taken care of but with cracked radiator. But I had it replaced, hoses, water pump, thermostat, and idler pulley, and tensioner for less than $1,500. So no big deal, if you choose one with a crack radiator.

Good luck.

FYI. I purchased from out of state as well. I had ppi completed before flying out to pick up the lx. The dealer that performed the ppi didn’t notice the crack radiator. It of course noticed by the forum when I posted photo.

Another data point for you. I paid 36k in may 2018 for 2013 lx with 86 k miles. Meticulous taken care of but with cracked radiator. But I had it replaced, hoses, water pump, thermostat, and idler pulley, and tensioner for less than $1,500. So no big deal, if you choose one with a crack radiator.

Good luck.
Do you have a copy of that picture of the crack? Where is the crack usually? Is it pretty much in the same spot most of the time or just Depends

There plenty of photos even a photo of my old crack.

Here is the PDF for the LX
2014 is the better deal
Does anyone know where to get this doc for other years 200 (both LX and LC)? This seems to have very interesting info. A 2016 year doc would be very interesting as it will capture all the enhancements for that model year.

My mechanic checked out the 2014 and overall it's pretty good. But the suspension needs to be replaced, All the shocks are leaking and need replaced, the automatic transmission fluid is dirty and needs to be drained, the radiator is starting to show signs of a crack, The EFI needs fixing and The drive belts need to be replaced. With that said,, What do you think would be a fair offer nor no? I'm thinking $38000. ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom