2010 landcruiser wind noise windshield pillar area HELP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I have a 2010 landcruiser with 48,000 miles on it. One owner, never wrecked. But it has a very slight but annoying wind noise viberation / rattle at 70-80 mph in what seems to be the lower corners of front windshield. Had windshield reset to see if any issues there. Vertical windlace rubbers are and seem to be set right. I electrical taped the vertical windlace pieces and lower rubber on valance panel under wipers just to see if noise would stop. It did nothing. Valance panel has rubber in between panel and windshield. I tapped around on it and it kinda thought that might be it. Nothing. Maybe wiper blades rubbing. I taped them down nothing. I also tried to tape down rubbers on fender going from headlight to hood hinge area. They have a wierd loose piece on end toward hood hinge that just kinda sits there. Thought that was it. Still no fix after tapeing it down. Still after all this this same weird slight rubbing vibration noise around 70-80 mph. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you tape over the top windshield joint across the width of the vehicle? I'd try that to at least rule that out as a possible culprit.

Last edited:
Also, look for any movement in the reveal molding where it attaches to the roof. Follow the molding along the sides of the window to the roof. Try wiggling and tapping the rubber molding.

I havent taped the top horizontal rubber on the windshield. I will try that tomorrow. But I taped across the bottom and vertical windlace on pillars up to the top the windshield.

Also make sure the tops of the vertical molding is secure. The clips that hold them to the roof break sometimes (I've been told due to auto car washes) and they become loose. After a couple attempts to re-clip mine with no success, I ended up "glueing" them down with some gasket adhesive. I have a '10 as well FWIW.

IMG_3063.JPG

Also make sure the tops of the vertical molding is secure. The clips that hold them to the roof break sometimes (I've been told due to auto car washes) and they become loose. After a couple attempts to re-clip mine with no success, I ended up "glueing" them down with some gasket adhesive. I have a '10 as well FWIW.

View attachment 1592696
I did put some new clips in those vertical strips a few months ago. They are kinda iffy on the top. Kinda sponge but they are clipped in. I will tape those down tomorrow again and see if thats it. Been debating about buying new vertical windshield lace trim to see if that is it. Mine look good, but who knows.

Sunroof? Noise can be tricky the way it travels around an enclosed space.

What do u mean to check cross slats are clear. Do they get something in them on the rack?
clear to the rear means all the way to the back of the bars.

Picture with finger pointing to rubber piece inside engine compartment was or is kinda floppy on both sides. It kinda hooks on inside of fender. But its not great design.
20171217_091948.jpg
20171217_091901.jpg
20171217_091839.jpg
20171217_091822.jpg

I noticed you have the aftermarket fender flares that are secured with 3M tape. I'd check them to see if they are somehow vibrating at speed and transmitting up through the fenders to the lower corners of your windshield. I had those on my 100 that I purchased used and took them off. They had worn away the paint in some areas so I know they do move (at least on a 100). If you ever want to take yours off, I'd do it sooner than later in case they are rubbing your paint regardless if they are making sound or not.

I noticed you have the aftermarket fender flares that are secured with 3M tape. I'd check them to see if they are somehow vibrating at speed and transmitting up through the fenders to the lower corners of your windshield. I had those on my 100 that I purchased used and took them off. They had worn away the paint in some areas so I know they do move (at least on a 100). If you ever want to take yours off, I'd do it sooner than later in case they are rubbing your paint regardless if they are making sound or not.
I

I was wondering about the fender flares my self.

I

I was wondering about the fender flares my self.

I think the culprit is the fender flares. Dang. My wife likes the flares. These flares just have a rubber gasket in between flare and fender. I guess I may just have to put 3m double sided molding tape. They only have screws on inside of fender by wheel liner holding them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom