Bandeirante 2010 Bandeirante (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
Threads
cool pics ...not something they are even planning....however its very interesting thought. :D

Maybe Toyota can see these pics for the next round of FJ Cruisers?

RioGrande4x4.com.br - Toyota Bandeirante: Virtual
Toyota01.jpg
Toyota_Picape.jpg
Toyota_TRAS2.jpg

They look like a mix between the Jeep Patriot a honda pilot and the Exterra. BARF!!!! Thank goodness they are not planning it. If they want to build a truck they need to look to the nukeizer for inspiration.

I see nothing wrong with them.

They simply follow the typical trend today in Toyota 4x4 design. The pickup is pretty cool I think.

I have to agree with Adrift .Following the current trend today to make old look new and modern.They did a good job. lets just hope they make it affordable well engineered to be rugged not 5 year toss it in the trash.With no value and high service records.That help no one most of all TOYOTA.Just me 2 cent

I think the product would be pretty cool if some minor changes happened:
The fender signals have to go, and either be mounted on the bezel, or on top of the fender. Inset, like that, is just too OlllllllO.
Also, widening the body before the b-pillars to eliminate the need for rear fender flares, just like the 40.
The door handles could be better, again they just look so OlllllllO.
Finally, the CR-V rear hatch needs some love.

All-in-all, I'd buy one as-is if they were actually a production vehicle, but if Toyota Brazil took a hint from this design, they'd need to polish it some to avoid running afoul the "Cruisers are Jeep clones" myth.

its true...not a myth...however...toyota made them better than jeep :D

They were, but the cloning was of the pure-bred military jeep, and not the 4X4 minivans Chrysler is peddling today. I don't mind comparison to the Willys Jeep, but...

Then again, whenever I try to explain the FJ40 to somebody who's never seen one, I just tell them "imagine a jeep, only good.":grinpimp:

Nationalized = became one of there own :)

They were 100% Brazilian in 1962

"the 1st year in oct 1958 they were recieving knock down kits...they were not able to recieve parts till that time. during the 1959 year the brazil gov imposed that they be 85% brazil made...toyoda do brasil was only at 60% at that time. Furthur production and tooling started there . some time in 1960 they imposed 95% brazil made which made the engines which they recieved many parts for now not usable. they contracted with Benz brazil for the 4cyl mb engines that were being produced there in jan 1962.

April 1st 1962 the 1st benz powered bandi 25 come off the assembly line."

So, did Toyota still receive royalties from sales of the Bandeirante? If so, did they have any further input into the design along the years? It's been pretty interesting that the models have continued along a different path than the Land Cruiser, including the current redesigns.

Most of the time when I read nationalized I think of dictatorial governments suddenly claiming ownership of the factory and control of production.

I like it. But I am very used to the original Bandeirante after living in Brazil from 1980 to 1994 and driving them on many occasions. 103,000 of these babies were built between 1962 and 2001, with relatively little design evolution over that time, while enjoying an immense variation of builds in everything from flat-bed to fire-truck to bus. We had them at a project I worked on in the Amazon and people fought to get their hands on them. To my eyes, they were things of beauty (this is a 1991):
22643610_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom