200k mile report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eicca

Professional Noob
Threads
Just ticked over. So far, replaced fuel pump, alternator and #7 coil pack (aside from the usual PM). Could benefit from brake lines and control arm bushings. Still rides smooth, pulls strong, shifts well, no creaks, squeaks, rattles or electrical issues.

Land Cruisers are awesome.

So, were these "it wouldn't start unless I replaced this part", or was it just preventive maintenance?

How long have you owned her?

Parents got her in '07 when the A/C in the '92 crapped right before a road trip. Mom wanted an excuse to replace the old nasty anyway :D

The alternator was done as preventative. The fuel pump and coil pack both died within a week of each other

225k (more like 235k) all good. (been running 285s since 100k mile)

Need the first gen DT headers replaced, both are cracked.

Needs a deep cleaning, inside an out.

This is the longest I have ever owned a vehicle. 8 years. I purchased with 100k miles and full book of dealer maintenance.

By far the best vehicle I have ever owned (owned 17 vehicles from 1989 to 2015) . Blows passengers away when I say the truck is 15 years old and has 225k miles.

I like the size of this truck and Clark Kent (of 4wd) appeal.

If and when I switch, I would go with a 2013+ 200 series or possibly adding a 1HD-FTE to a 2007 via dieseltoyz in TX.

I'm up to 265k on mine. Had my ignition break(the key was spinning freely)and then my serpentine belt broke because the fan bearing seized. I went ahead and had a new timing and water pump put in during the repair. I originally got it with 49k in 2003. I also had to replace the steering rack last year due to leaking.
I echo uzj100's sentiment, longest car ever owned and best car ever owned.
I'll also move to the 200 series once my car hits 300k or dies tryin'!

Man I just realized on Saturday my '92 is 23 years and 209k miles old and it's still super solid.... Got some rattly exhaust shield thing going on but that's it!

Why can't anyone else make something as solid as a Land Cruiser? Is it really that hard?

Can't believe you haven't had starter and ignition switch issues. I'm on third starter and second ignition rod. Starter failure gives you warnings so my bad on being stranded then but ignition issue doesn't.

Can't believe you haven't had starter and ignition switch issues. I'm on third starter and second ignition rod. Starter failure gives you warnings so my bad on being stranded then but ignition issue doesn't.

Knocking on wood. Wouldn't be such a big deal if they hadn't stuck the starter under the intake manifold...

203k on my '99. I have owned since '01 (36k miles).

Other than typical maintenance:

Key cylinder (@125k)
Power steering rack (@180k)
Throttle body sensor (@190k)
Starter (@195k)

The only item that left me stranded was the TBS. However, I could have driven it as it went into a "limp home" mode. I have free towing with my auto insurance so why not ;)

Plan to let my 14 year old daughter drive it when she turns 16 and step up to a 200 series.

Plan to keep the 100 in the family and eventually retire to our land in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom