200k mile recommended service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my 93 turned 200,000 a few weeks ago, and I was wondering what the 200k service should look like. Runs fine. I figure oil, lube and a couple other things. I did the front axle rebuild at 180 just a few years ago. What do you all recommend?

Check out the Maintenance section of the Frequently Asked Questions.

Here's a quick random list of some things to check/service (there are more):

Anything that takes grease (driveshaft slip yolks/U-joints), replace all gear oil,
all filters (fuel, air, oil), distributor cap, rotor, PCV valve and grommet, Valve cover gasket, distributor O-ring, Oil pump cover gasket if you have a leak (front lower engine), flush cooling system, refill with 50:50 distilled water and anti-freeze, clean Throttle body, clean/lube all rubber weatherstrips, lube all hinges, remediate any rust on undercarriage components/body, inspect brake pads/calipers, apply cavity wax (3M) to internal body cavities, disconnect, inspect, clean harness connections (CRC Electronics cleaner), disconnect, clean, reinstall all grounds, complete fluid exchange (transmission), rear axle rebuild (seals), inspect emergency brake (components), inspect/replace throttle cable, service fuel injectors, ----

Spend a few hours (days, weeks, months, years ( ;) ) reading through this thread and links:

Post up some photos of your engine bay, oil pans, and undercarriage

Basically replace anything made out of rubber or plastic :eek: More an age thing than a mileage thing.

Here is the official maintenance schedule. Obviously you have to do some math. My guess is that after 200k most items are out of sequence so some fetteling might be required. In any case its a good list to work from.

Attachments

• 1 Maintenance_Schedule.pdf
    141.7 KB · Views: 105

See post 7
This is the schedule I follow.
When I bought my rig I used this excel chart and re-worked the mileage to start at my purchase point (211K) with the most extensive/invasive maintenance.
I follow it religiously, The Bean just turned 245K and she has never so much as hiccuped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom