SOLD 2009 Modified Land Cruiser - No Reserve Auction ending 9/17 (NC) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 200 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(45, 41, 41)
Outside Link
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rxLPLBmO/2009-toyota-land-cruiser
Auction ends Thursday 9/17 @ 3:30pm eastern
THIS... is a no reserve auction for my 2009 Land Cruiser!
Yes, high bid takes it home!

DKQmfuktP.jpg

IMG_2879.JPG

X14KAaWQ4a.jpg

2009 Magnetic gray exterior w/ gray leather interior
117,500 miles
Clean AutoCheck as provided in auction, I also have a clean CarFax but it was ran back in Dec of last year

The Details
Suspension/Wheels/Tires
  • Approximately 1.75” lift in front, .75" in rear
  • SPC upper control arms
  • Toyota front lower control arms w/ SPC cam bolts (originals RnR during lift install)
  • 555 tie rods installed June ‘19 with alignment
  • SPC rear lower control arms
  • Evo Corse DakarZero 17x8 ET40, bronze (5)
  • Nitto Ridge Grappler LT285/75R17 E (5) [current tread depth ~11.5-12/32nds, spare worn and not part of rotation]
Exterior/Armor
Interior
Electrical
Misc
Current Fluid Fills
Engine oil - Toyota Genuine Motor Oil 0W20 | Transmission - OE Toyota| Coolant - OE Toyota
Transfer Case - Amsoil Severe Gear 75W90 | Differentials (F/R) - Amsoil Severe Gear 75W90
Brake - Amsoil DOT3/4 Synthetic Fluid | Power Steering - Red Line D4 ATF

Flaws
These are detailed in the auction listing along with picture and video documentation
  • Scrapes on front and rear bumpers
  • Stone chips throughout
  • The seller notes that the front and rear bumpers have been repainted; the AutoCheck reports no accidents.
  • Dents on right rear door and right front fender
  • Crease on right-side upper quarter panel
  • Rock chip in windshield
  • Trail "pinstriping" scratches on both sides of truck
  • Repaired crack on spoiler, which is also scuffed
  • Wear on rear tailgate
  • Wear on leather upholstery
  • The truck spent time in the Northeast, and the frame was wire-brushed and treated with Amsoil metal protector and Fluid Film prior to the seller's acquisition
Mud related questions and answers:
KDSS valves are free. I loosened them in preparation for the auction and they were not seized in the least; Rob found them free when he aligned the truck last year as well.

Yes, it did live in Northeast so if a pristine chassis is a prerequisite for your consideration, then perhaps not the truck you're looking for. That said, nearly every major suspension component has been replaced, like the front LCAs. Additionally, when armor was installed, BudBuilt took care of anything that was problematic between unbolting and bolting the modifications.

Re-circulation door is functional and no evidence of ever being damaged

Does not noticeably consume oil. You top the oil off during a change, 6k miles later it's within a couple millimetres of where you left it in relation to the fill line. Slight oil residue on passenger side cam tower, none on driver. I've never cleaned the area and not noticed a change in 20k miles.

Radiator has not been replaced as I have not seen signs that warrant replacement. Water pump has been replaced. No coolant loss or evidence of valley plate leak. Other maintenance documentation is in the auction listing.

Driveline, everything works. Easily locks and unlocks center diff, same with 4lo. Electronics, nothing has given me a problem during my ownership. I can think of one time last year the navigation froze when I returned back to map screen. When truck restarted, it was fine. HVAC, heated seats, power locks, sunroof, etc all work. I've never seen a check engine light or anything of the like.

Why are you crazy and selling a phenomenally well cared for and capable Land Cruiser?
This is extremely bittersweet. Eight months ago my calendar indicated I was supposed to be in the final packing stages to embark on yet another 5k+ mile road trip, this time to WY and MT with the goal of completing the Morrison Jeep Trail along with visiting friends in Whitefish, MT. Literally, the calendar still says that I leave tomorrow. Instead, I'm in the final stages of preparing to sell the truck.
2020 has been crazy for many, my family as well. We've been extremely fortunate in light of economic uncertainty, but I want to be positioned for whatever might come in light of potential future budget cuts related to my employment. Additionally, my wife's job has gone from 0 to 300mph and it's not realistic for her to travel at this point in time without being constantly connected back to work and the internet. That's simply not how I enjoy life. So I've spent much more time on pedal-powered 2 wheels and staying closer to home. The Land Cruiser is simply not being used. To top it off further, I am an idiot and bought a beater BMW... so nothing like going from one of the world's most robust and reliable vehicles to something, ummm, slightly less reliable. But it's cheap-ish fun and fits in my work's parking garage. Enough about me.

So if you're interested, feel free to reach out to me via PM here or on Cars & Bids. I can talk hours about this truck and will happily do so with interested parties. You're welcome to check the truck out in person while the auction is running (located near Greensboro, NC). I am also open to discussing how I can facilitate fly 'n drives (GSO, CLT, RDU) or even potential delivery to your neck of the woods. I would love one last adventure with this truck. I have enjoyed it immensely, and I've met some great people through Land Cruisers and ih8mud. And lastly, please bid if you are so inclined :)

Last edited:
LOL, you went from Toyota to BMW. I went sold my 2008 M5 V10 and looking at a Landcruiser. Going the other way. Say what you will about BMW's, they are a pain to maintain, and get expensive to keep up to par (especially the new ones). But the fun factor, especially on their performance models is second to none.

Haha. More like I returned to a BMW, this is my fifth. Only one has been a late model vehicle, the rest have all been 20+ years old. I like them ratty :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom