For Sale 2009 LX570 Austin, TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seller refused to take vehicle to dealer for inspection, said he wouldn’t make “that many arrangements to sell it and there were people that would buy it without requiring that.” YMMV but I would beware.

I met the owner over this past weekend as he was coming off the river at the 360 bridge, which supports the boat claim.
He hasn’t taken the time to prepare the truck for sale, it was extremely dirty and didn’t show well. The truck is def. a high mile truck and the interior shows it. Wood grain was bubbling and actually broken in many places. The some spots on front/rear bumpers and a few dings/dents on the passenger side around the door jams.

I didn’t bother driving the truck as I wasn’t interested after visually checking it out. The owner (Brandon) claimed he had a giant stack of maintenance records from the dealerships but the Carfax didn’t reflect the types of records I’d expect from a Lexus dealer. He also claimed he bought the Lexus over the Toyota because the Lexus dealership offered him free espresso while he waited...Carfax indicates he bought the truck from a Dodge dealer. He also claimed that the radiator was just replaced because during a routine maintain emergency, they found the original was leaking. Obviously Carfax can be incorrect, but given the shape of the truck and the discrepancies in the story, I’d take caution. My $.02

This is further supported by the fact that he wouldn’t allow me to arrange for an inspection, saying it was more trouble than he would go through to sell it. Buyer beware for sure.

I met the owner over this past weekend as he was coming off the river at the 360 bridge, which supports the boat claim.
He hasn’t taken the time to prepare the truck for sale, it was extremely dirty and didn’t show well. The truck is def. a high mile truck and the interior shows it. Wood grain was bubbling and actually broken in many places. The some spots on front/rear bumpers and a few dings/dents on the passenger side around the door jams.

I didn’t bother driving the truck as I wasn’t interested after visually checking it out. The owner (Brandon) claimed he had a giant stack of maintenance records from the dealerships but the Carfax didn’t reflect the types of records I’d expect from a Lexus dealer. He also claimed he bought the Lexus over the Toyota because the Lexus dealership offered him free espresso while he waited...Carfax indicates he bought the truck from a Dodge dealer. He also claimed that the radiator was just replaced because during a routine maintain emergency, they found the original was leaking. Obviously Carfax can be incorrect, but given the shape of the truck and the discrepancies in the story, I’d take caution. My $.02

I had some concerns with the truck I bought because it had a hitch installed and the cover was missing (bought from a Cadillac dealer where it was traded in). Full service history showed one owner, and service every 5k miles at a Lexus store. At 70k miles, I knew I could change all fluids and it would still be within "severe" service limits. At 154K miles I would be concerned the regular intervals haven't been followed, let alone additional service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom