For Sale 2009 in RI. 169k miles. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 200 Series

Thoughts on this one? I am very close to pulling the trigger. Chassis is good for a NE truck. There are some cosmetic dings that the dealer sent better pics of, probably 500 to sand and paint. BUT the big concern is when I ran the VIN through Toyota, someone else had a PPI and it reported weeping at the water pump.

That looks to be the original radiator, at least not the current design. If original, all of them fail. 169k is way past useful life. Just assume it needs to be replaced immediately and do the water pump at the same time.

I would, however, check that it isn't the heat exchanger that is leaking. That's in the center of the V and is a more complicated repair.

Cargurus says it's been for sale for 210 days and the highest price was $22.9k. To me that is a concerning/strange since a 200 even in less than ideal condition would sell in an hour here in Denver for the current price of $19.5k. I would definitely inspect very carefully and get your own PPI if possible.

My own PPI is something I’ve thought of. At this point I am having second thoughts if its even worth it. Agree its curious as to why it sat so long. Its a small dealer, maybe that has something to do with it but I’m sure I’m not the only one doing a nationwide search. It’s snooze and lose on good 100’s and 200’s as I have found out.

He‘s firm on the price and I would have ~500 in fixing the scratch plus ~1100-1200 in shipping from RI to GA. Plus I’d want to do some basic maintenance (fluids, filters) just for peace of mind. All of the sudden the big bargain isn‘t so big especially of the radiator and water pump are must do’s.

I had contacted the seller 6 months ago and thought it would sell. It is still there that to me a big red flag. The dealer said it was a lady friend of his. I would proceed with caution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom