For Sale 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Dana Axles, Supercharged, Atlas, Linked and Locked on 40's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi, i'm not a regular on this forum but it was suggested to me that it may be a good place to spread the word on my truck.
Please email me whitefjforsale@gmail.com if you want any more photos/info or want to come check it out.

Summary:
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams edition, one of 3200. URD Supercharged, 3-link front Dana 60, 3-link rear Dana 70, Atlas 5.0 transfer case, 40in MTRs locked, armored and ready to rock. The FJ was bought new by me in March 08 after our previous one was written off and I built it as a fairly capable IFS daily driver/ wheeler. In Dec 09 I did a little panel damage (which was repaired by body shop) and decided I wanted to go big. Feb 10 I started the solid axle conversion, working on weekends which I finally had finished in Jan 11. It has very little wheeling done on it as a SA rig. The FJC has a total of 35,6xx miles on it and has had all services performed by professional mechanic owner. Many of the accessoires on the truck were installed as demonstration/research parts while i was shop manager/lead tech of Man-A-Fre. This vehicle has been wheeled, but the sheet metal is straight, the paint is nice and shiny. The sliders/control arms etc have some rock rash on them. The rig is clean inside with the exception of some scratches in the plastic interior. I have taken photos of the build from when I picked it up from the dealer to the current day so have full records of how t was built. I spilt a lot of blood on this truck, had a **** of a lot of fun and met some great people becasue of this vehicle. I built it with the intention of keeping it for a long time, however, my wife and I are now expecting our first child and have since decided to move back to Australia. I am selling this vehicle with huge regret - driving it home last night knowing i had to put it for sale after it really bummed me out. I want to sell it to a wheeler, the FJ deserves that! - my wife suggested putting it at a consignment yard etc but I really want to know who the vehicle goes to so we can keep in touch.

I have done over 2500Miles on the SAS so far, using it as my daily driver and about three trips out into the desert/snow over the last month. It has a slight wheel balance wobble at around 55-60mph that goes away above 60mph. The tires have 12oz dynabead in them, i think it needs a little adjustment but doesnt bother me enough to warrant taking my tires to the tire shop to get stripped (internal beadlocks mean no valve stem application) and have the weight adjusted. It sits on 70mph comfortably. Plenty of power and torque for acceleration / grades.

All 08 FJ Trail Teams options, black-out exterior items (mirrors/handles) Trail teams badges, Warm white exterior, white/black trim interior, power everything, remote central locking, alarm, in dash 6 stack CD player, COLD air conditioning, HOT heat, guage package, 5 seats, Inverter, Leather steering wheel, bilet shift knob etc. But the stuff you really want to know...

Engine
Engine : Toyota V6 1GR-FE
Transmission : Toyota A750F 5speed Automatic with huge oil cooler
Forced Induction : URD Supercharger Kit with 80mm pulley, Underhood Water 2 Air intercooler, Supercharger front mount radiator and oil cooler.
Fuelling: URD 7th Injector Kit, URD 255LPH Walbro Fuel pump kit (remote filter)
Exhaust : Doug Thorley Headers, Stock Precats, Rear Cat delete, Custom routed hi-clearance exhaust 2.5in, Magnaflow muffler, hi-clearance tail pipe
Underhood
Batteries: Painless performance dual battery setup, Optima RED main and Optima YELLOW secondary battery.
OBA - ARB mini Air Compressor

Steering
Links : Borgeson
Gear: Howe IFS steering box valved, tapped
Ram: Howe 2" x 8" hydro-assist ram
Pump: Howe Performance TC pump 1450 PSI
Reservoir: Howe high capacity reservoir with filter

Front Axle
Axle: Dana 60 from a 94 Dodge Ram 3500
Locker: ARB Air Locker
Gears: Dana Spicer 5.86
Shafts: 2002 Dodge Ram 3500 Shafts (CAD delete)
Steering: Toyota IFS steering box tapped for hydro assist, Howe Hydro Assist, Ballistic Fabrication 7/8 QA1 Heim Steering Kit 1.5x.250DOM, ThurenFab 1.5x.250DOM 7/8 QA1 Heim tie-rod.
Brakes: Stock 3500, All new rotors, pads, remanufactured calipers, new stainless steel hoses.
Other: New balljoints, B&M super synthetic oil. Rockcrusher differential cover, lubelocker gasket, WFO 1350 Yoke

Rear Axle
Axle: Full floater Dana 70 from Dodge Ram 3500
Locker: ARB Air Locker
Gears: Dana Spicer 5.86
Brakes: Stock 3500, All new shoes, hardware kits, F350 Wheel cylinders (larger bore cylinders), new brake tubes and stainless steel hoses.
Other: Heavy duty diff cover, B&M super synthetic oil. Truss, WFO 1350 Yoke.

Front Suspension
Type: 3-link with panhard
Coilovers: Walker Evans 2.0" x 14" travel externally adjustable remote reservoir coilovers
Springs: Eibach 12" 300# over 14" 450#
Joints: Currie Johnny Joints on lower links / Heim joints on panhard / Heims on upper link
Bump stops: Fox 4" travel 2.0 air bumps (Set to 2.5in travel)
Shock mounts - Ballistic Fabrication coilover towers
Brackets: Ballictic Fabrication
Frame plates: 3/16 Frame Plating (front frame rails inner and outer, scab plates at upper link mounts)
Limit Straps : Beard 23in

Rear Suspension
Type: 3-link with panhard
Coils: OME420 Landcruiser Competition Coils
Shocks: Fox 2.0 x 10" travel remote reservoir shocks
Bump stops: Fox 4" travel 2.0 air bumps (Set to 2.5in travel)
Shock mounts - Ballistic Fabrication coilover towers
Brackets: Ballictic Fabrication
Frame plates: 3/16 Frame Plating (front frame rails inner and outer, scab plates at upper link mounts)
Swaybar: Rock Equipment 'Rock Crawler' Swaybar (aluminium arms)
Limit Straps: Bears 13in

Body Lift : 4Crawler 1.25in

Transfer case
Tcase: Atlas 5.0
Adapter: Advance Adaptors FJ Cruiser Adaptor
Fr Output shaft: 32spl 1350 with Driveline Specialties Deep throat yoke
Rr Output shaft: 32spl 1350 CV Style
Shifters : Twin cable shifters w/Billet knobs
Crawl ratio: 205:1
Speed sensor: GM VSS wired to Digital Dakota Speedo Calibration Unit.
Other: Advance Adaptors rear output disc brake parking brake setup

Driveshafts:
Coast Driveline rear CV 1350
Coast Driveline front 1350

Armor
Front Bumper: Man-A-Fre "OzBogan" Front winch bumper
Rear Bumper: Man-A-Fre Kaymar Swingout with tire carrier modified to fit 40in tire, and swingout with ladder/quart crate.
Internal cage: Man-A-Fre 6pt Sport cage - 1.75" x .120 (The vehicle has 5 seats/belts, but with the cage installed i wouldnt recommend having anyone in the rear seats. I never have had anybody in the back, the harness bar is to close to the chest IMO. The cage is easily removed due to Poly Performance Tube connectors)
Sliders: Man-A-Fre Wide
Skid plates: Budbuilt gas tank skid
Belly pan: Flat belly cross member
Flares: Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares

Tires / Wheels
Tires: 5x 40x13.5R17 Goodyear 'old style' MTR Rears 70 - 80% front 90%
Spare 20% 3 more ranging from 10 - 20%
Wheels: 17x9.5 Allied Steel wheel D Window
Rim Stiffeners: CrawlFab Wagon Wheel
Beadlocks: Staun Internal beadlocks
Balancing: Dynabeads

Electrical
Horns : Hella
Auxillary fuse boxes : primary battery - under hood
: secondary battery - under hood and under dash
Inverter : Stock rear 400w.
: Secondary under seat 400w
GPS : Lowrance XOG Gps with topo and trail map capability
: Microsoft GPS antanna for Streets/Trips 09 for laptop
CB : Uniden 40ch CB radio/ Firestick cable/antanna
:Secondary hand held on bar.
FRS : Cobra FRS pr
Cameras : Front and rear cameras hooked up to toggle switch and screen mounted above center console on cage.
Interior Lighting : 30LED pods in both roof lights.
: Hella Adjustable Red roof light
Instruments : Scanguage 2 xguage
: Stealth boost guage install
12v power outlets : one extra in center console, two in rear. Also has 12v direct power for ARB (etc) refrigerator in rear.
All Fog/Spot lights / Lockers oerated by factory toyota labelled switches in the center console.

Lighting
2x Hella 4000's on the front bar.
4x Hella 500s on roof Defender light Rack
2x Hella 550 Fogs on side of roof rack
Front 4in fog lights on bumper.
Hella Worklight on Kaymar rear bar (hooked to reverse and a seperate switch for camping)
Hella Headlight Upgrade bulbs
Vision X Tantrum LED Remote Rock Lights (8)
Aeroflow HLC Covers
underhood LED bar

Other
ARB Safari Snorkle
Man-A-Fre Long Range Auxillary 19gal extra fuel tank (increased fuel capacity to 38gallons), hooked up for car-to-car transfer to help your buddies out!
Stock roof rack, defender roof light bar, hi-lift mounts, extra crossbars, roof storage bag.
Mag Lights front and rear, Fire extinguisher in the rear.

Wheelbase: 107"
Frame Height: 24.5"
Width : 85in
Height (roof) : 85in (not inc rack)

Cold A/C, Hot heat, All Airbags functional, no warning lights on dash, Cruise control works, Speedo is accurate. Mileage as of 02/14 is 36xxx.
returns approx 11MPG if driven sensibly (ie boost under 2PSI) at 65 - 70MPH. gets a rnage of around 400 - 450mile combined both tanks, Tracks nice. Doesnt drive much different from a modified IFS vehicle but you do need to be aware while driving it. Tire Vibe at 55-60. It has a leaking front axle seal seal that might have been seen on the weekend and Im fixing that today. I do have fog lights for the front bumper as well which I didnt get to install before I went away.

LICENCE PLATES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE SALE.
I DO NOT THINK THIS VEHICLE CAN BE SMOGGED IN CALIFORNIA WITH THE SUPERCHARGER / EXHAUST MODS. Its currently smog exempt until 2013 but Im not sure if thats transferrable.

PRICE.... $55,000, neg. The only trade I will consider is a 1940 - 1955 AMERICAN car, complete, in stock or slight resto-mod condition, Clean title, for the right car may trade up to 7.5K. Need something to fill the 40ft container Im taking home :)
LOCATION... MALIBU, CA. If anyone from out of state is interested, I can pickup from airport etc or drive in LA County/Ventura County area to show it. For deposit + accom/fuel i'm even cool with taking a roadtrip for delivery :)

Please, please dont come inquire if your not ready to buy, or just want to see what a SAS truck drives like. I'm more then happy to take you for a drive anywhere on a trail if thats what your after, just ask me :) , but please dont BS me just to get behind the wheel.
Its getting detailed and photo'd for a mag this week and
then I will try and have it at a few big events etc while its for sale.

182491_1899455405068_1202158323_2459269_1400192_n.jpg

180098_1898160012684_1202158323_2455785_4213358_n.jpg

168991_1898160212689_1202158323_2455786_7863550_n.jpg

182440_1898160892706_1202158323_2455789_685870_n.jpg

168318_1898161012709_1202158323_2455790_5204141_n.jpg

180123_1898161332717_1202158323_2455794_929070_n.jpg

180864_1898161492721_1202158323_2455795_4129375_n.jpg

$(KGrHqR,!iYE1M6lPcWkBNWtgdPk,Q~~_3.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!m!E1FywGKDoBNWtgkDlkw~~_3.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!iEE1KWBWJvdBNWtgr(,bg~~_3.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!hgE0fnpVpE0BNWtg2Mkng~~_3.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!lwE1F)CBwyHBNWthjKPQ!~~_3.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!h0E1K716CYCBNWtiKzHLw~~_3.JPG

$(KGrHqF,!hME0fwn8KyrBNWthc24Q!~~_3.JPG

$(KGrHqF,!lcE1F1IqYejBNWtiwjV)g~~_3.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!lYE1FwLJksEBNWtnrH,kg~~_3.JPG

180750_1912448129878_1202158323_2486423_7015722_n.jpg

I have plenty more pics if wanted.

Last edited:
That thing is bad a$$

Trust me dude, its the very last thing i ever wanted to do. Just over 11years ago i sold my first ever landcruiser, (which was the first of many) a FJ40 (FJ40-217770 :) ) i converted to a diesel with a Toyota Dyna 2B and did a few other things to. I sold it coz i thought it was a good thing to do. I would always regret that decision. And i know im going to regret this, but expecting our first child and time for us to move back to Australia - lots of reasons for that, biggest being that both of our families are back there, and there all kind of excited for their first grandchild. And i really should get back to my two HZJ75's i left there 4 years ago :)

5mths along now, they say its gonna be a boy :)
179809_1902690245937_1202158323_2467265_7303288_n.jpg

Last edited:
Very well done rig with all of the parts i wish i could afford to buy. Someone is getting a huge deal if you were to do all these things to your rig.

Dammmmmmmmmmmmn, that thing is sick! Good luck with the sale, and congrats on your first.

You can't lower it and throw it in a container and take it back to oz with you? That is one amazing truck. I couldn't appreciate just how big it was until I saw ur wife standing next to it. Congrats on the little guy. Trucks can always be built again but it's. Not everyday you have the opportunity to become a dad!

Thanks guys. Wish i could take it back with me, but australian road rules (specifically queensland) are extremely strict - no LHD, no more then 50mm suspension lift, no more then 50mm larger tire size, no suspension modifications (IFS to SA), no interior cages, blah blah blah. Trailer rig you say? No full size trucks in australia - nothing really cabable of moving a 6000lb truck + fuel, trailer and gear unless i step up to a box truck. Ive thought about it but it isnt going to work lol. Oh and dont let my wifes heigt fool you, shes only 5" :)

Its close to the same width as it is tall, and its actually a very stable truck. Did some higher speed desert stuff on the weekend in afton canyon sand washes, lots of fun.

....australian road rules (specifically queensland) are extremely strict - no LHD, no more then 50mm suspension lift, no more then 50mm larger tire size, no suspension modifications (IFS to SA), no interior cages, blah blah blah......

Wow, I did not know they were such hard A$$es in AU re vehicle mods....bummer. I thought you might be lucky and get away with a RHD swap....but just that alone would be a big job and $$$.

But then, down there you get all the cool diesel utes etc. that we just get to stare at the pictures and drool over....

Your rig would look great in my driveway until you decide to move back here to the states....just a standing offer to help !!! :D

GLWS !!

Thanks for the offer! Maybe i could set up a time share with everybody else whos offered that :)

Bump :)

Thanks for the offer! Maybe i could set up a time share with everybody else whos offered that :)
:)

Great idea !!

I just looked and there are over 1300 viewers on this site as I speak....512 are members. I do not know the total # of members this site has registered...could not find that info, probably in the multiple thousand.
BUT I am sure there is no shortage of members that would be interested in a time share on that thing...
You might be onto a great idea...just need to have some hefty insurance to cover the unexpected.

I'd rent it for a week right now, but it is on the wrong side of the dirt from me.....Guess I'll have to wait until it works its way East.
shipping/driving it long distance will be time consuming and expensive....

But then, the West Coast crowd will probably hog all the time and we'll not see it over here for years and it will have 200,000 miles on it or so. :frown:

Bump for an awesome FJ

Great idea !!

I just looked and there are over 1300 viewers on this site as I speak....512 are members. I do not know the total # of members this site has registered...could not find that info, probably in the multiple thousand.

BUT I am sure there is no shortage of members that would be interested in a time share on that thing...

You might be onto a great idea...just need to have some hefty insurance to cover the unexpected.

I'd rent it for a week right now, but it is on the wrong side of the dirt from me.....Guess I'll have to wait until it works its way East.

shipping/driving it long distance will be time consuming and expensive....

But then, the West Coast crowd will probably hog all the time and we'll not see it over here for years and it will have 200,000 miles on it or so.

Bump for an awesome FJ

Lol, thanks man!

Where'd you get the cargo netting?

Raingler netting

Is this the same truck by chance?

Man-A-Fre Advance Land Cruiser and FJ Cruiser Off-Road Solutions 4x4 Parts and Accessories

Very nice none the less... will you take payments... for... the... rest... of... my.... life?

Yep, when i was shop manager at MAF we used it for lots of product demos. I designed the front bumper, my legacy ;) Poke around the site you"ll also find more pics of it. Also on the MAF facebook page, those are all pics of it when it was IFS though.

Last edited:
bump. 12 weeks left before i hop on a plane. Someone out there needs a comfy wheeler that can fit the family, has a/c and drives well!
I pick up my new stronger rear driveshaft and got a new truss being made for the rear axle tomorrow.
I also have it on ebay Toyota : FJ Cruiser - eBay (item 250780317967 end time Mar-05-11 19:19:11 PST)
I am also looking for trades of a complete, but in need of restoration/tlc 1935 - 195x American car, and consider trading up to 7.5K depending on condition of the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom