Builds 2008 LX Live Camera Car and Overlanding Build. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What about this set? Should I make an offer?

275/70r18s TPMS sensors included, asking price $600.

If I buy a set with sensors, how do I go about programming them in? Do I need tech stream cable and software?

8B537929-A9B2-4C5A-A630-AE549469F57B.jpeg

1328E2A2-BBB2-4F58-ABB3-26F97E211C05.jpeg

4CA651B7-10E8-4E21-8BB3-29ADADE6F5C8.jpeg

530419EB-D59D-4C13-9BE0-09C3AD631EF9.jpeg

BDC8D76B-927A-4350-95FD-7FAA6B6E218A.jpeg

What about this set? Should I make an offer?

275/70r18s TPMS sensors included, asking price $600.

If I buy a set with sensors, how do I go about programming them in? Do I need tech stream cable and software?

View attachment 2305976

View attachment 2305977

View attachment 2305978

View attachment 2305979

View attachment 2305980

I called to inquire, good guy.

He said $450 for set without lug nuts, 500 with lug nuts.

Let me know what you guys think.

I called to inquire, good guy.

He said $450 for set without lug nuts, 500 with lug nuts.

Let me know what you guys think.
My experience with CL buys - check the DOT date on the tires. Verify the tread depth.

On these specifically -> Yes, you'll need to do something with the sensors, either move the ones you have, or get new ones that can be cloned. Tundra sensors don't work on the 200 platform. There are some sensor options, ranging from DIY (buy sensors, clone, break the bead and swap out) to go to a tire shop and have the swap, to go to a tire shop and buy and have them program. Costs increase with each option, but the cheapest will be $30/wheel for the sensor, buy/borrow a programmer, and involve Carista or Techstream

Be aware those rims look boss, but weigh 33lb each. Some of the other tundra 5 spokes are in the 28-30lb range.

My experience with CL buys - check the DOT date on the tires. Verify the tread depth.

On these specifically -> Yes, you'll need to do something with the sensors, either move the ones you have, or get new ones that can be cloned. Tundra sensors don't work on the 200 platform. There are some sensor options, ranging from DIY (buy sensors, clone, break the bead and swap out) to go to a tire shop and have the swap, to go to a tire shop and buy and have them program. Costs increase with each option, but the cheapest will be $30/wheel for the sensor, buy/borrow a programmer, and involve Carista or Techstream

Be aware those rims look boss, but weigh 33lb each. Some of the other tundra 5 spokes are in the 28-30lb range.

Im glad I asked. I called discount tire and asked about moving sensors and they quoted me 16 per wheel (8 to remove tire get sensor out and 8 to put back on), so for 8 wheels it will be about 130 bucks to move my sensors. That’s enough to make me reconsider whether these rims are worth it.

Going to continue scratching my head on this one for a little bit.

On another note:

Both of Tigers fans are in. I will do a comparison video at some point.

Endless Breeze is about twice as strong, but costs twice as much.

The O2Cool has a built in 1000mah battery and can run on D batteries as well. You can also plug it directly into wall or 12V outlet.

Basically the O2Cool is nice in that you can run it without an external supply, so it is truly portable. If I was going fishing or away from the car and don’t feel like carrying my power banks, I’d bring the O2Cool with me.

If I had my power bank with me and only had 1 12V outlet, I’d plug in the Endless Breeze.

My plan is to get a Jackery at some point (maybe now because Mother’s Day dale, but it might leave me with not enough for tires so I’m thinking), and run both (O2Cool on 110v and endless breeze on 12v). Tiger will need quite a few fans to keep cool this summer. I also have a few small USB fans as well.

While the Jackery is on sale, can I get some input on 160 vs 240 vs 500? According to Jackery the 160 is too low to run a mini fridge, and I might get one in the future. The 160 is currently 40 off at 110 bucks, 240 is normal price at 250, and 500 is on sale for $450.

Because the 500 and 160 are on sale but the 240 isn’t, I am trying to decide between the 2. I need something with a 110v output is why I’m looking at these. If I get the 160 I will have enough left for tires but if I get the 500 tires will have to wait another 2-4 weeks. I think I can wait since Jackery sale may not last that long. Any thoughts?

B307AE98-E7B3-47F6-906C-30B1C3D907FE.jpeg

33745872-10EB-45E2-86C6-60B2286942D4.png

Last edited:
I wouldn't get those tires. The brand doesn't come off as a well known. Personally wouldn't want my only contact patch with the road being a brand I didn't know much about. So that guy is probably looking to make a profit with those tires.
Also they are 2 different tires, which would be another pass. Look for a matching set of tires.

I wouldn't get those tires. The brand doesn't come off as a well known. Personally wouldn't want my only contact patch with the road being a brand I didn't know much about. So that guy is probably looking to make a profit with those tires.
Also they are 2 different tires, which would be another pass. Look for a matching set of tires.

Thank you for the advice. I started leaning away from them when grinchy informed me of the incompatibility with tundra TPMS sensors, so I will keep holding out for a set that either has compatible sensors, or one that is worth justifying the price to add and program new sensors.

As far as 2 different types, as long as the price is good I can live with them. I didn’t want to be too picky at my price range, but at the same time these aren’t cheap now that I factor in sensors. The biggest reason I’m not picky is because even 2 diff treads will be a good upgrade from my current tires, pictured below for reference. Mud is from getting stuck 2 days ago.

Speaking of which, Is it bad to not give it a wash soon after a muddy trail? I go on muddy trails more often than I can afford to pay for washes, so I either need a DIY wash solution or to not go as often.

Gonna stick with an easy, mud-free trail today. Found a nice spot along it where I can park off the trail and camp for the night. Also dropped off the bike for a few days so I can access my cooking stuff from the back again! Haven’t cooked since I loaded up the bike lol.

image.jpg

AEB28803-93A5-4660-9C17-80DD707975A2.png

15855D33-FE3B-485C-B46B-D816D6470457.jpeg

37AD04CB-7968-42BE-86F0-5207CF7627DD.jpeg

E47DD88E-5116-4BA5-A77E-7A7EB922A64B.jpeg

1) The off road/front and side mirror cameras are useful for narrow crossings.

2) Almost had to put away the carrier due to departure angles again.

3) there is a little creek that I can see from looking out the back of where I’m parked.

4) that fan makes a HUGE difference in how it feels in here. If only it was rechargeable then I’d return the O2 fan and get another one of these instead. I’m using the 12v output from the Renogy 72000 mah power bank to power it. Would love a Jackery so I can charge my power tool batteries and run the O2Cool at the same time. I’m just in love with how nice it feels In the car right now with this nice strong breeze flowing through!

I also forgot to get dinner first smh. Back out we go!

Good thing this trail is in the middle of civilization.

B389F48E-FAE7-4338-8140-B2214A3B5C34.jpeg

3AA99132-5B18-496E-9AAC-8461CB234561.jpeg

480F1978-63F5-4111-87B1-72B678275CCF.jpeg

ED3EA263-C76E-48F8-974A-743BC99F4E14.jpeg

7CF92F50-17ED-4553-B3C3-88B270920065.jpeg

Last edited:
With taxes and install you should be able to get five of these for around $1000.

Amazon product ASIN B07C9JGNDK

Thank you for sharing. And wow we going real aggressive I like it. I just realized earlier I said look for 33s on 20s first then 33s with rims included included for 18s. What I meant was prioritize the 18s first because I don’t see long run being 20s. If I go 20s it will be a temporary patch and only if really cheap. If I spend that kind of money on tires then it has to be for 18s.

I will keep them in consideration for sure, seems like a very reasonable price when looking at new. I am thinking 3 weeks from now if we are going new, and I’ll be on the hunt for 18 rims in the mean time.

And thank you for offering to let me use your TPMS programmer as well, as well as explain how they work and expected cost. It helps me wrap my head around it. I hope you understand that your time is always and very much appreciated here.

You’re good brother, link as many as you want.

Is there a reason you want to go specifically for 17s as opposed to 18s? With you running 35s, is there much of a difference between the 2?

If I am going for 33, does it matter if I go 18 or 17? I was thinking 18 because our brakes are a little bigger and might look funny on 17 inch rims. As long as they still fit though I don’t really care how it looks, but I am curious as to the pros and cons of each size.

You get more sidewall having 17" rims. Also there's more tire choice with 17s and cost for tires is a tad less. But big reason for the 17s is you get more sidewall since we're limited with how big of a tire we can fit under a 200 without chopping away, so drop the rim size to compensate.

You'll get more reasons from other people, but that's just a simple answer. :cheers:

You get more sidewall having 17" rims. Also there's more tire choice with 17s and cost for tires is a tad less. But big reason for the 17s is you get more sidewall since we're limited with how big of a tire we can fit under a 200 without chopping away, so drop the rim size to compensate.

You'll get more reasons from other people, but that's just a simple answer. :cheers:
Yep. Like the man says.

(35-18)/2 = 8.5"
(34-17)/2 = 8.5"

So - lighter, cheaper, and same sidewall. It's totally diminishing returns of course. And there are plenty of 35 tall 17" options for

(35-17)/2 = 9"

if you want both more sidewall and more natural clearance.

And it is a real deal that having a common tire size is particularly useful when you are in BFE and need a new tire. Same reason I'll be getting those 17" rims in steel. Because when they get bent by my super bad driving somewhere in BFE, I can fix em with a hammer. Of course this is total dreaming, it is very likely I never have to do this . . . but I could!

Yep. Like the man says.

(35-18)/2 = 8.5"
(34-17)/2 = 8.5"

So - lighter, cheaper, and same sidewall. It's totally diminishing returns of course. And there are plenty of 35 tall 17" options for

(35-17)/2 = 9"

if you want both more sidewall and more natural clearance.

And it is a real deal that having a common tire size is particularly useful when you are in BFE and need a new tire. Same reason I'll be getting those 17" rims in steel. Because when they get bent by my super bad driving somewhere in BFE, I can fix em with a hammer. Of course this is total dreaming, it is very likely I never have to do this . . . but I could!

Understood, and that’s my reason for dropping down to 18 from 20.

I was thinking that because your tire is bigger, that 1 inch to you would mean less than 1 inch for me. Thank you for the clarification.

So it seems to me that I need to be spending my time looking for 17s.

Good talk fellas. Thanks again.

I’m never typing with gloves again not sure how long I’ve stood at the door to food lion typing this.

Understood, and that’s my reason for dropping down to 18 from 20.

I was thinking that because your tire is bigger, that 1 inch to you would mean less than 1 inch for me. Thank you for the clarification.

So it seems to me that I need to be spending my time looking for 17s.

Good talk fellas. Thanks again.

I’m never typing with gloves again not sure how long I’ve stood at the door to food lion typing this.
Unfortunately 17" rims of suitable fit are expensive in the US. Which is why I have a passel of Tundra 18".
Icons are around $200 each. Evo corse mid $300s.
And steelies are import only and certainly an acquired taste.
The path of least resistance is definitely Tundra 18s.
Like I said diminishing returns, and in the US there are plenty of 18" tire options

It's AWNING INSTALL DAY! Here is a live feed of me unboxing and installing the Awning. Fingers crossed that i have everything i need and won't need to run to the hardware store, and that i won't break anything lol. If you want to comment then use the live chat feature on the right and i will respond when i see the message.

I might try using the forklift to hold the Awning up while i bolt it in, when we get there. If you have any suggestions that will make the job easier/advice on making sure i do it right, or if you just want to hang out and chat, then please feel free to comment using the built in chat. I will respond when i see it, otherwise i won't be doing much talking.

I'm going to setup songrequest when i go live. To use it, type "!songrequest "name of song and artist"" or !songrequest "youtube ID".

Ex:

!songrequest Country roads john denver

or

!songrequest 1vrEljMfXYo

First stream so not expecting any viewers, but everyone is welcomed to come and hang out. Will be live in 30 mins!

7F9674C9-3085-45D7-A353-D1610BEC3FF4.jpeg

67E6D0DC-79F7-455C-B0AB-20EF1714832E.jpeg

44F500B8-B023-4D11-AE0E-709509222657.jpeg

@USMCVader hey bud i apparently had 4 mics on is why it was deafening, sorry you had to hear that. Also just saw your messages in chat because i didnt have stream open on phone so didn't see chat. Sound is fixed and getting back to finishing up the install now. Really appreciate you stopping by! Going to relaunch the stream real quick since sound is fixed.

These bolts I got with the mighty mounts are too long? Or did I do something wrong?

53143FA2-57CD-44B8-8AD7-862C12B7DB0F.jpeg

5DCB5151-25B1-40C6-9EF4-C2F432E82ED5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom