Builds 2008 LX Live Camera Car and Overlanding Build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can it swing out far enough to clear a path for an ATV Ramp built into the bottom hatch door? Do you have any pictures of it without anything on it, and fully swung open, or at least 90 degrees or more

Can it swing out far enough to clear a path for an ATV Ramp built into the bottom hatch door? Do you have any pictures of it without anything on it, and fully swung open, or at least 90 degrees or more?

Here is the LX and has the same swing as my 200 rear (last 2 pics)

J

IMG_20200713_111426517.jpg
IMG_20200713_111450329.jpg
IMG_20200722_132201589.jpg
IMG_20180317_141944298.jpg

IMG_20180317_142006223.jpg

E850A200-CAF0-4EEA-92B2-72BA63F7B080.jpeg
E73958F4-67EE-4CDF-8454-AACD6BE12BF1.jpeg
DEE67FA9-AAED-4EEB-ABB5-E5FAEFC93112.jpeg

Still waiting on police report before I can call insurance for assessment.

If no frame damage, I will proceed with tires as well as some much needed rust treatment underneath, and go from there. Fingers crossed, as I’m not ready to let her go anytime soon. In fact I was just getting ready to get started on experimenting with her/preparing for the ground up restoration down the road.

I also decided that whatever money I get from insurance will not go towards an immediate bumper replacement, but instead I will put it towards the tools I will need to build my own.

This is opportunity boys, and I see the blessings in disguise.

Spacers just got here a few mins ago! Here is live feed, i will throw them on soon & already got permission to film at Discount Tire! So i will do another livestream from there (hopefully if all goes well).

Not sure if you guys got an error for my youtube livestream link, but i'll try and share pictures along the way if livestream link does not work. Super stoked/AFK for rest of today while i slap these spacers and tires on!!

Went with generic spacers (BORA and Spidertrax long lead and more than twice the cost).

My batteries for my camera transmitter/receivers got here today as well! Going to test the new live setup on the spacers installation, after I remount the laptop to the LX.

EC7664B6-C47A-4D0B-9C3A-BEE06789AAF0.jpeg

569B343D-D36C-4D65-ABC2-D75790F4663F.jpeg

FD19CCD9-3415-45E9-B9C2-803FA70891E6.jpeg

8DAE5303-26E9-406C-9CC5-774BB3697DB9.jpeg

A1CD45EC-1199-4BDB-BF72-A3F29E0E03B9.jpeg

Went with generic spacers (BORA and Spidertrax long lead and more than twice the cost).

My batteries for my camera transmitter/receivers got here today as well! Going to test the new live setup on the spacers installation, after I remount the laptop to the LX.

View attachment 2921719

View attachment 2921720

View attachment 2921721

View attachment 2921722

View attachment 2921723
That's quite the spread of 3d printers. Are you going to crank out a few of those cup Teckis300 designed?

I plan on
That's quite the spread of 3d printers. Are you going to crank out a few of those cup Teckis300 designed?

That's just the first fleet boss, i also have about 1.5 tons (1500 kgs) of filament coming in the mail (some from US manufacturer and some China). Will be adding many more machines including ones capable with working with different materials like metal (SLS printers). I am still setting up my business/startup (manufacturing business) for this year and still have not picked a name for the businesses; i am making a for-profit and a non-profit (501c).

@TeCKis300 if he wants to work something out with me so i can get access/rights to the files, sure! I would think $10 max shipped for those, but can confirm with shipping department after i make one. $5 covers everything on my end including my time and materials, + cost of shipping.

I plan on doing a ton of projects for mud that i am very excited to roll out over the year, including various scale-RC LC/LXs, ranging from 1/10 scale to 1/5+! One big project is the "Mud-Virtual Museum" where i will use photogrammetry to make a digital clone of my LX, then teach mud how to do the same for theirs. From there i can build a virtual museum with accurate models of the community's actual LX/LC fleets. From there i can make you guys 100% replica scale models/RC trucks that looks just like yours. From there, modding will be much easier as i can do it in a virtual setting using scanned models, which means perfect fitment amongst many other benefits. You know me, if i have a building full of manufacturing machines, you bet your ass i will be pumping out all kinds of LX/LC goodies.

I plan on offering unbeatable prices to all of mud, just trust me on the unbeatable part. You guys can go browse the web for STL files you want, and i can print it for you and ship to you for very low costs; does not even have to be LC related. I will also have a very decent choice for colors and material types. Just think anything from custom bracket to mount extra buttons, to fully 3d-printed drawers. With the right infill patterns (look up tubular patterns), i could potentially make plastic drawers that are structurally more sound than wooden ones, and using plastics that won't melt easily. I will likely end up using some metal in the drawer design, but will be approaching the entire design process from a minimalist perspective at first. The amount of customization when we are talking manufacturing using 3d-printers is insane, and addons/mods will barely affect final cost! Anyways, more on this later!!

Back to spacers, I realized the stream cut off before i showed the spacers, as i was testing the stream from phone function; when i hit stop stream from phone it also stopped the stream from desktop.

Will be back live after lunch for the actual LX portion; putting my laptop/RAM mount back, then installing spacers.

Last edited:
I plan on

That's just the first fleet boss, i also have about 1.5 tons (1500 kgs) of filament coming in the mail (some from US manufacturer and some China). Will be adding many more machines including ones capable with working with different materials like metal (SLS printers). I am still setting up my business/startup (manufacturing business) for this year and still have not picked a name for the businesses; i am making a for-profit and a non-profit (501c).

@TeCKis300 if he wants to work something out with me so i can get access to the files, sure! I would think $5 max shipped for those.

I plan on doing a ton of projects for mud that i am very excited to roll out over the year, including various scale-RC LC/LXs, ranging from 1/10 scale to 1/5+! One big project is the "Mud-Virtual Museum" where i will use photogrammetry to make a digital clone of my LX, then teach mud how to do the same for theirs. From there i can build a virtual museum with accurate models of the community's actual LX/LC fleets. From there i can make you guys 100% replica scale models/RC trucks that looks just like yours

Back to spacers, I realized the stream cut off before i showed the spacers, as i was testing the stream from phone function; when i hit stop stream from phone it also stopped the stream from desktop.

Will be back live after lunch for the actual LX portion; putting my laptop/RAM mount back, then installing spacers.

No worries at all! Take it and run with it. I'm sure you can make it better still and the community will benefit.

The .stl file is as I linked it. Unfortunately tinkercad lost a previous composition of it so I can't modify it as easily. Hopefully you can do something with it.

No worries at all! Take it and run with it. I'm sure you can make it better still and the community will benefit.

The .stl file is as I linked it. Unfortunately tinkercad lost a previous composition of it so I can't modify it as easily. Hopefully you can do something with it.
10-4 boss, taking it and running! I think for this one i will just offer 1 for free to each mud member and accept donations (optional). First mod to file will be to engrave your name into the bottom, as well as an ih8mud logo and then go from there.

Ran into issues setting up the new camera setup today, so pushed off spacers and tires installation til tomorrow.

Okay I think I got the cameras ready to go, going to give it another shot here in 15 mins. It’s Saturday so I get the warehouse all to myself/working indoors today!

I am putting RAM no-drill laptop mount back in the front passenger area, and then I am doing spacers.

If laptop and spacers properly installed, then I can livestream from discount tires for the actual tire installation.

Then tomorrow I will do another short stream, where I will take off the tires and retorque them (after 50 miles on new tires per Grinchys advice).

See you soon if you are stopping by the live feed. I will record and afterwards cherry pick out 60 seconds of footage for a spacers video later; for those who just want to cut to the chase.

-Sharpe

Just got done with spacers, On my way to discount tire for installation now! Will report back later.

At 6 minute mark she goes from high to low with new tires on.

Was in a rush after discount tire, Will get a better look tomorrow when I have more daylight!

Will likely end up removing mud flaps, will get a close up of rub areas tomorrow for these tires; it’s very slight rub/noisy when it rubs the flaps.

Last picture for reference (before picture from a few days back). I also have some pictures from the DSLR from when I was waiting for installation (will upload later).

2533D5A7-F37F-49F9-B7BE-6981CAF8B4A8.jpeg

727AB7E5-9880-41D1-B471-3FAD93792E75.jpeg

598BEE54-1723-4328-97FF-69124FADBB3C.jpeg

0336A45F-7140-4286-BCFF-EFC2891D622A.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 2921719

View attachment 2921720

View attachment 2921721

View attachment 2921722

View attachment 2921723
I cannot stress enough to utilize a permanent type loctite and to properly torque those spacers and to properly torque down your lug nuts. Then re-torque/check after a couple weeks of driving. Any high spots on your steel hubs/rotors/rims will wallow out the aluminum over time and your nuts will be loose. Loose nuts wallow out the aluminum spacer quickly. Nicely machined aluminum rims won't be as much of a issue as stamped steel rims.

I cannot stress enough to utilize a permanent type loctite and to properly torque those spacers and to properly torque down your lug nuts. Then re-torque/check after a couple weeks of driving. Any high spots on your steel hubs/rotors/rims will wallow out the aluminum over time and your nuts will be loose. Loose nuts wallow out the aluminum spacer quickly. Nicely machined aluminum rims won't be as much of a issue as stamped steel rims.
Thanks for the reminder, much appreciated like always; I did not plan on using loctite tomorrow but I will now.

Edit: i am reconsidering loctite as I plan on replacing the rotor hub/assembly at some point in the future. Will likely be a while and I don’t mind checking torque every now and then.

@grinchy covered me on the 97lbs torque (to spacer and rim). I plan on tightening it again tomorrow after first 50 miles, and will periodically check.

Screen cap from video of her in low/will get some better shots tomorrow!

C167C3C3-2F40-44E6-985B-34BA02E6B849.png

Last edited:
Good morning! About to go get inspection and registration done, then addressing the rub points and taking off her new sneakers for a re torque of spacer and lug nuts.

Better pictures of the 2 rub points, from neutral/normal driving height. I’ll get the dslr and macro lens out later when I get to warehouse. These are for front tires, I have not looked at rear as I am working on reducing loudest/closest noise to me first.

04860E68-4263-4E6E-9BF9-8B342AF7D1EE.jpeg

75E94230-9015-4F95-8626-B7947C28208C.jpeg

698FCEA4-9C75-4A63-8F3C-CD9349AC6FFA.jpeg

83D17A79-2525-4DBD-9590-839A06E1B718.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom