2008 LX 570 or 2011 Sequoia Lmtd. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon all - this is my first post on this forum and I'm looking for advice. I had been planning on buying an LX 470 but the deal may not happen. I will now be looking at a 2008 570 with 163K miles and great service records at a local used car dealership. They also have a 2011 Sequoia with 100K miles and also great service records for about the same asking price (22K). I'm asking for opinions, the LX vs the Seq. My plan is to have this car for the long term future. I will do some mods to either one for light off-road duty, but mostly it will pull a small camper and be a traveling vehicle for my Bride and two dogs to see the lower 48 States.

Thanks in advance.

mk

you're on a land cruiser forum, so that may influence some of the posts.

One is big+, the other big. If you fit in the 200 series, you'll be happier overall, short and long term. If you need big+, well, you should probably still buy the 200 series, and expect to put some stuff on the roof.

Both are great, long lasting vehicles. I cross shopped LC and Sequoia as a tow vehicle for my boat, and a family trip & camping rig. If you are looking for a hard core off road vehicle there is no choice, LX all the way.

On the other hand: I love my LC, but for a light off road & travel vehicle, I would pick the Sequoia in your case because of fewer miles and more room. The roll down window in the back of the Sequoia is great for dogs as well.

I agree 100%. I have owned a 2008 Sequoia and more 200s than I care to mention. The Sequoia is huge compared to the LX and has much more storage, etc. However, its not the same thing. On that 2008 LX, you can get some 18" wheels and ditch the chrome panels on the doors (those just pull off) and make it look less blingy and roll with it.

LX still has a solid rear axle, Sequoia is independent rear suspension.

as other have said, if you want to focus on off roading, not have it every wheel be independent is a nice thing. If you want to just do backroads with more highway and windy roads. Sequoia might be a better option.

Then there’s the size difference, and the quality of internal materials.

One is big+, the other big. If you fit in the 200 series, you'll be happier overall, short and long term. If you need big+, well, you should probably still buy the 200 series, and expect to put some stuff on the roof.

I know to expect a slightly slanted view point on the 570 and that's fine as I'm leaning that way anyway - I've been reading this forum for weeks now since deciding on buying the 470 and everyone I've read has been both knowledgeable and generous with their experience and the answers to this have proven that correct. Solid advice to help me choose. This is a great site and I very much appreciate the advice! mk

I know to expect a slightly slanted view point on the 570 and that's fine as I'm leaning that way anyway - I've been reading this forum for weeks now since deciding on buying the 470 and everyone I've read has been both knowledgeable and generous with their experience and the answers to this have proven that correct. Solid advice to help me choose. This is a great site and I very much appreciate the advice! mk

If you will be using the 3rd row a lot and/or need the extra storage space to haul stuff then Sequoia. If not, then LX all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom