For Sale 2008 LC in CLT - updated info after drive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Used Toyota Land Cruiser For Sale - CarGurus

Was in the area and thought I'd go drive this one and see if I could get some info on the accidents it had been in that show up on the Carfax but not this listing. "Accidents" is so general you never know if it has been half totaled or a simple bumper dent or replace with no structure damage whatsoever. Without revealing every detail of how, I got my hands on the accident reports for both incidents and they were both the latter situation. Parking lot 5mph cosmetic bumper replacements - 1 for ea. accident. So I wanted to provide that bit of good news.

It has a few minor wear spots inside, both involve the "wood grain". The first is wear on the gear selector knob and the 2nd is wear on the top of the steering wheel. Other things of note- 3 or 4 small non-torn "leather dents" on the back of the 2nd row seat just from normal use (if looking in from the rear hatch). I didn't see much else noteworthy.

Good things - strong brakes, no hiccups or anything unusual upon full acceleration, no rattles that I could hear, nice AT tires, no issues at all on the body - beautiful black ext that looks new.

Side note, on the accident report I found out randomly that I know the seller. Small world. Good guy I would trust with honest feedback. So I message him and he says the thing has never caused him a moment of problem outside the 2 small parking lot incidents neither of which were his fault. Said the truck is in excellent shape and nothing other than standard dealer-scheduled and recommended maintenance ever done/needed. Just said to do the usual due diligence pre-purchase to see if there is anything unforeseen by all parties.

The dealership it is at is rough around the edges for sure, but ultimately the head guy has been very helpful and quick to respond to anything.

Sorry so wordy but hope this helps someone - as others have been very helpful to me & my search.

This truck was on CL for several months. The seller was asking ~$33k IIRC. I messaged him back and forth a few times, but the accident history scared me away. I think I even ran a separate CARFAX on it if memory serves - this was circa last September when I was in the market.

Good to hear that the accident history isn't very severe. If I had known this info then I would have probably made the 2hr drive to Charlotte to scope it out in person.

Its not Amazon Green...but I think my wife has a preference to Black...Wonder how flexible they are on price...seems a bit high to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom