For Sale 2008 in KC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The dealer/shop seems to be very reputable and I've been able to shake hands with the owner and take the 200 on a test drive... however, you guys have found major issues with the last 2 200s I posted on here (and saved my bacon!) so I thought I'd post this to get your opinions:

Seems like a fair price for the mileage. Biggest downside that I can see is that it's spent its whole life in the Boston area which would indicate hard mileage and a lot of salt.

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser for sale in Lee's Summit, Missouri 64081

Last edited:
Seems like a good price, however I'm not a big fan of that dealership's practices. They spam the local Denver craigslist like it's going out of style, and several trucks they've advertised have turned out to be MUCH worse than they appeared in the listings. Since this one has lived on the east coast and was clearly picked up at an auction in the NE and brought back to the midwest to sell, I'm guessing it's in far worse condition than you'd like especially in regards to rust.

I looked at this one as well and even talked to him on the phone he said he would email me chassis pictures and he talked a good game but never did follow through with any pictures so gave me a bad vibe. Sad because they had some nice Toys in their inventory.

I looked at this one as well and even talked to him on the phone he said he would email me chassis pictures and he talked a good game but never did follow through with any pictures so gave me a bad vibe. Sad because they had some nice Toys in their inventory.

Looks like you and I are looking at a lot of the same vehicles. This shop is 20 mins from my house. I drove both 200s a couple weeks ago but didn't look to closely at either as I was there trying to convince my wife that a 10 year old 200 was a better option than a new-ish Durango or the like (as this is going to be her DD). One of the guys there didn't impress me much, but the owner seemed legit. He seemed to know his stuff and we found we had some mutual connections.

Anyway, I'm going to go back and see if he'll put this one a lift so I can look at the undercarriage. If the gray one looks decent I'll probably pull the trigger. If you're interested in any of the rigs in this shop let me know, and I'll take a look, some pics, and give you my thoughts.

Agree we've been chasing the same rabbits for a while, had the adventure motors guys been a little better business men I was seriously interested in the Grey 200 and a 100 they had with an ARB bumper. They acted like they didn't really want to fool with me so I moved on. I was planning to get on plane to go pick up this one in Orlando I talked to the guy and he sounds like he's an enthusiast that really took care of it. Carfax checked out on it Cars for Sale: Used 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser for sale in New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168: Sport Utility Details - 449781424 - Autotrader but then I got home and a friend from the other Land Cruiser club texted me about a member deciding to sell his wife's 08 model so I jumped on that one a couple hours away a standup guy in the community it was to hard to pass up. I looked hard every day for a month trying to find one and this one landed in my lap. Good luck on your hunt and shoot me a PM on what you find out at adventure motors I look forward to hearing what you end up going with :cheers:

Larry

Agree we've been chasing the same rabbits for a while, had the adventure motors guys been a little better business men I was seriously interested in the Grey 200 and a 100 they had with an ARB bumper. They acted like they didn't really want to fool with me so I moved on. I was planning to get on plane to go pick up this one in Orlando I talked to the guy and he sounds like he's an enthusiast that really took care of it. Carfax checked out on it Cars for Sale: Used 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser for sale in New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168: Sport Utility Details - 449781424 - Autotrader but then I got home and a friend from the other Land Cruiser club texted me about a member deciding to sell his wife's 08 model so I jumped on that one a couple hours away a standup guy in the community it was to hard to pass up. I looked hard every day for a month trying to find one and this one landed in my lap. Good luck on your hunt and shoot me a PM on what you find out at adventure motors I look forward to hearing what you end up going with :cheers:

Larry

Congrats man! That one in Florida was on my short list too but I hadn't talked to him yet. Hopefully the chassis checks out on the Grey 200 nearby otherwise I'll just keep looking!

I brought this to my mechanic and put it on a lift.... lots of rust. :frown:

Last edited:
I brought this to my mechanic and put it on a lift.... lost of rust. :frown:

What I suspected, sorry to hear it being that price and location were ideal for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom