eBay 2008 import from Mexico... nav-delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I found this 2008 on eBay.

Cons - its an import from Mexico without much history (no carfax).
Pros - Its got the nav-delete option with a Kenwood replacement radio/nav and its a good price for the mileage

I've owned an import (1999 Mini Cooper with 10" rims!) and never had real issues... but also never had great confidence in its history (and the KM speedo was annoying). Thoughts?

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

I actually prefer that dash layout over factory. The Nav in my 2008 is lacking some features a newer head up like this may have. Just curious how much hacking was involved to put it in.

I have no experience with importing from any other country, but agree, the speedo in KM's would get very annoying.

Caution lack of disclosure is always a bad sign. "Corroded" wire could indicate further corruption of frame & body..
1/18/18

*CHECK ENGINE LIGHT
CUSTOMER STATES CHECK ENGINE LIG HT ON, VSC LIGHT ON, TRAC LIGHT ON, 4LO IS BLINKING ~|~FOUND THAT CAM SHAFT SENSOR B 2, WIRING TO SENSOR HAS CORRODED AND IS CAUSING RANDOM SHORT TO OCCUR. RECOMMEND TO REPLACE SENS OR AND MAIN ENGINE HARNESS IN OR DER TO HAVE ISSUE RESOLVED. 4 LO CONCERN IS RELATED TO 4 WHEEL A CTUATOR ASSEMBLY HAVING INTERNAL S ~|~ENGINE HARNESS REPLACEMENT RE PAIR $3366.88, INCLUDING PARTS A ND LABOR 4X4 LOCK ACTUATOR REPAI R $2770.85 INCLUDING PARTS AND L ABOR. CUSTOMER DECLINED REPLACEM ENT AT THIS TIME, WILL RETURN AT LATER DATE TO HAVE SERVICES PER FORMED.

CUSTOMER STATES THAT AUTOMATIC W INDOWS DO NOT OPERATE CORRECTLY DRIVER WINDOW AUTO UP WORKS, BUT NOT LOWERING. PASSENGER SIDE AU TO LOWERING WORKS BUT NOT AUTO U P. PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE ~|~FOUND INTERNAL FAILURE IN CON TROL MODULE SWITCH SOURCE OF ISS UE QUOTED $758.89 FOR REPAIR. ~|~CUSTOMER DECLINED REPAIR AT T HIS TIME.

Caution lack of disclosure is always a bad sign. "Corroded" wire could indicate further corruption of frame & body..
1/18/18

*CHECK ENGINE LIGHT
CUSTOMER STATES CHECK ENGINE LIG HT ON, VSC LIGHT ON, TRAC LIGHT ON, 4LO IS BLINKING ~|~FOUND THAT CAM SHAFT SENSOR B 2, WIRING TO SENSOR HAS CORRODED AND IS CAUSING RANDOM SHORT TO OCCUR. RECOMMEND TO REPLACE SENS OR AND MAIN ENGINE HARNESS IN OR DER TO HAVE ISSUE RESOLVED. 4 LO CONCERN IS RELATED TO 4 WHEEL A CTUATOR ASSEMBLY HAVING INTERNAL S ~|~ENGINE HARNESS REPLACEMENT RE PAIR $3366.88, INCLUDING PARTS A ND LABOR 4X4 LOCK ACTUATOR REPAI R $2770.85 INCLUDING PARTS AND L ABOR. CUSTOMER DECLINED REPLACEM ENT AT THIS TIME, WILL RETURN AT LATER DATE TO HAVE SERVICES PER FORMED.

CUSTOMER STATES THAT AUTOMATIC W INDOWS DO NOT OPERATE CORRECTLY DRIVER WINDOW AUTO UP WORKS, BUT NOT LOWERING. PASSENGER SIDE AU TO LOWERING WORKS BUT NOT AUTO U P. PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE ~|~FOUND INTERNAL FAILURE IN CON TROL MODULE SWITCH SOURCE OF ISS UE QUOTED $758.89 FOR REPAIR. ~|~CUSTOMER DECLINED REPAIR AT T HIS TIME.

Did you find this somehow with the VIN?

Thanks for the save!

Is there a site you used to look this up? All I knew about is Carfax and nothing showed up.

Both Toyota & Lexus have owner sites. You log into, then input VIN. You can see history and vehicle specs.

Seller story is not checking out! Watch out caution need to be used on this one.

Good info I also saw this popup on my CarGurus alert last night when I tried to pull the carfax it wouldn't recognize the Vin and then I saw his description. Not worth the risk IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom