Trade 2008 Honda Civic EX + cash for 95-97 80 series or LX 450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2008 Honda Civic EX trade for 95-97 80 series or LX 450 +cash

I'm throwing this out here to see if anyone is interested in trading their cruiser for something more economical.

Our family is growing, so we'd like to get something for the :princess: with a little more room. She doesn't drive more than ~4K miles a year, so fuel economy isn't a huge issue for us.

We have a 2008 Honda Civic EX sedan that we'd like to trade for cash + a 95-97 80 series or LX450.

The Civic :

2008 Honda Civic EX (white)

Mileage: 10,200 Engine: 4-Cyl. 1.8L VTEC Transmission: Automatic Drivetrain: FWD
Air ConditioningTilt WheelDual Front Air Bags Power SteeringCruise ControlFront Side Air Bags Power WindowsAM/FM StereoABS (4-Wheel) Power Door LocksMP3 (Single CD)Alloy Wheels Optional
Sun Roof

According to Kelly Blue Book:

Condition
whatsThis.gif
Value
Excellent
$16,585

Good
$15,735

Fair
$14,585

It has never been in a wreck and the :princess: does a good job of keeping it clean. In fact it still has the factory plastic over the carpet in the front and back rows. It hasn't been rice'd out or anything and it is completely stock. The only thing we've done is change the oil every 3-3.5K miles. It's been garage kept since day one. No dings or scratches that I am aware of and I will verify this and take detailed pics if I find someone interested in trading.

I've been getting 34 MPG highway and 30 MPG city.

We owe about $15K on it and I'm not trying to make a profit on it so I'd like to just break even. From what I have seen $15K for this car/miles/condition seems fair.

I was thinking something along the lines of a 95-97 locked 80 series or LX 450 ($6000-7500 value) plus $9000-7500 cash. Mixed and matched for a total of $15K trade value.

Please let me know if this sounds fair or if I'm out in left field on this one.

The only things I ask about the trade vehicle is that it is:

95-97 (Airbags are a must) 80 series or LX450
Clean record, no major accidents
<200K miles, but negotiable depending on maintenance history
Lockers preferred, but not mandatory

I'd also entertain the idea of trading for a 3rd gen 4 runner but I haven't worked out the numbers on them so I don't know what they are worth.

Let me know if you are interested. Location: Northern Ohio, but I am willing to travel if needs be for the right cruiser.

DSCF2523.jpg

DSCF2522.jpg
DSCF2523.jpg
DSCF2522.jpg

Last edited:
Monday night bump!

Looks like you have an 80 series sitting in your driveway already. I will buy the 80 if it has lockers and you are selling it...:)

Looks like you have an 80 series sitting in your driveway already. I will buy the 80 if it has lockers and you are selling it...:)

Sorry Rich if I wasn't clear, I mislabeled the original title. The black 80 is my DD and the civic is the:princess:'s car. She is due in May with another kid, so we're looking to get another 80 for her to drive. We will be able to make due with the civic if needs be until the end of the year, but we will definitely need to get another 80 or 4R Jan 2010.

Sorry for the confusion.

Weekend Bump

Bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom