2008-2018 Radiator Failure and Public Service Announcement (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if scrubbing bubbles has chlorine in it or not, but if it does I wouldn't use it, it may make plastic and rubber parts dull and brittle .
Yep. there is def a chlorine version, NOT gonna use that. Leaves a white residue..not good! I picked up the "plain" bathroom cleaner version - also supposed to be very good at removing road tar/bugs/mud etc as well. We'll see

Will definitely finish up with my long time go to: 303

I bought my 09 LX last week and plan on a replacement just not certain when I did the FG patch in advance to remove it from the short term consideration.

Yes, I'm the original owner.

Sorry to hear. I was trying to see if there was a correlation between radiator failure and those living in hot climate states.

Did you end bring it in to an indy or Toyota or Lexus dealership?

Looks like with normal use we need to replace at 100,000 miles. I had mine replaced in 2017 around September at 30,000 miles because of an accident. My radiator has a 2017 part #, but it doesn’t look like the latest one I’ve seen a picture of on this thread, so I’m hoping I’m good till 130,000 miles which will be 100,000 on the new radiator. I guess I don’t understand when we will know when Toyota has developed a permanent fix on their latest up grade??

Last edited:
Guess who joined this prestigious club?

r57PwYj.jpg

2008 LX 113k miles.

Guess who joined this prestigious club?

r57PwYj.jpg

2008 LX 113k miles.

Ugh, that stinks. Did you get a small leak or was coolant spewed all over the engine?

Where do you plan on getting the radiator replaced? Dealership or indy?

Ugh, that stinks. Did you get a small leak or was coolant spewed all over the engine?

Where do you plan on getting the radiator replaced? Dealership or indy?

Coolant tank was low a couple of days ago but didn’t see any signs of leaking. Checked it today and saw it weep before my eyes.

I plan on having an indy shop do the work. It’s a total DIY job but my garage is currently being used as a staging area for a remodel that we got going on right now.

It’s a pain for sure but glad to catch it before it blew and left me stranded on a trail somewhere.

Coolant tank was low a couple of days ago but didn’t see any signs of leaking. Checked it today and saw it weep before my eyes.

I plan on having an indy shop do the work. It’s a total DIY job but my garage is currently being used as a staging area for a remodel that we got going on right now.

It’s a pain for sure but glad to catch it before it blew and left me stranded on a trail somewhere.

If you run an OEM replacement please post whether it has the updated tank design. I'm trying to get an idea of how quickly the new one will become commonplace.

Have you replaced starter?

Good that caught it, that's for sure!

Mind me asking place of Indy you plan on having it done, and total costs/labor? I live nearby in the Eastside; my LX is a 2009, and at 102k miles; radiator shows the typical "crack line" at weak spot, and been thinking of getting the radiator replaced before I'm left stranded.

Wasn't sure how much Lexus of Bellevue or Seattle would charge, or if the Indy would offer a loaner.

Mind me asking place of Indy you plan on having it done, and total costs/labor? I live nearby in the Eastside; my LX is a 2009, and at 102k miles; radiator shows the typical "crack line" at weak spot, and been thinking of getting the radiator replaced before I'm left stranded.

Wasn't sure how much Lexus of Bellevue or Seattle would charge, or if the Indy would offer a loaner.

I should have a total I can report back today!

FYI Toyota dealer charged about $750 to do it. Mine was covered under extended warranty, so I just paid for new hoses, which are considered "consumables"

Parts and labor for a Denso radiator are $700 + tax at Greg’s Japanese auto on the eastside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom