2007 Toyota Land Cruiser - Fair Price? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle has 124000 miles. Timing belt and water pump were just recently done. It needs both the front CV axles replaced. Besides that its in great shape. What would yall consider a good deal on this? Dealer is asking $22000 if I fix the CV axles on my own.

Is it a Toyota dealership, hope so for that price

Is it a Toyota dealership, hope so for that price
Its not. It is a local dealer who I believe is in the red with the vehicle.
I wouldn't consider any 100 over $16k.
Yeah, just missed out on a 2004 with 81,000 miles for $14,000.00. He was upset that I wanted an inspection done. His reasoning was that he had 10 people lined up for the car and that I was wasting his time.

He was upset that I wanted an inspection done. His reasoning was that he had 10 people lined up for the car and that I was wasting his time.
Of course, he wants the biggest sucker for the most money and least amount of work. At minimum, DEMAND to see a Carfax. Stomp your feet and chain yourself to the front grill if you must.

Yeah, just missed out on a 2004 with 81,000 miles for $14,000.00. He was upset that I wanted an inspection done. His reasoning was that he had 10 people lined up for the car and that I was wasting his time.

Be glad you “missed it” probably had an A$$ load of rust

Vehicle has 124000 miles. Timing belt and water pump were just recently done. It needs both the front CV axles replaced. Besides that its in great shape. What would yall consider a good deal on this? Dealer is asking $22000 if I fix the CV axles on my own.
What's going on with the axles? Are the boots torn? If so, just reboot them and save money.

That is high, imo. Better deals on higher mileage LCs to be had. But I hope someone will pay it.

Yikes! That’s 200 money :ninja:

$22k for a stock 100 is silly especially since it needs both CVs - and toyota CVs are ~$400 per side plus install.

High. I paid about that for the 2006 with about those miles back in 2014. But with 200's out for this long now don't bother.

Run some 200 prices and show them.

High. I paid about that for the 2006 with about those miles back in 2014. But with 200's out for this long now don't bother.

Run some 200 prices and show them.
Yeah, you can get 08-09 now with around 120-130k miles for that same price.

Also for more reference I paid just over $21k for our 2009 570 with 130k miles. Did have shipping expense. A steal IMO however also did have to put about $4k into it for radiator, lower control arms and a few other misc. But way more vehicle at that price point. Hope it helps.

don't read too much into other peoples opinions. none of us know your circumstances. One example, is it close to you? if it is, then the price is lower, if it isn't then it's higher. SO many IFs. There are 100s worth 20 plus and there are some that aren't.

Set a budget and get what you can get. Nothing that anyone writes here is worth anything. early 200s are fugly for the time being.
That will change of course.

FWIW, I just bought an ‘04 LX with 105k miles for $23.5k....most would say I paid too much but it was exactly what I wanted and have been searching for....very low miles, southern car (no rust), pristine condition inside and out, every single maintenance record/service done at Lexus dealership, timing belt just done, brand new Michelin tires, reputable used car dealer who specialized in LC/LX and no additional dealer fees price was out the door. Do your due diligence to make sure it’s been maintained and if it’s exactly what you want, I say go for it!

don't read too much into other peoples opinions. none of us know your circumstances. One example, is it close to you? if it is, then the price is lower, if it isn't then it's higher. SO many IFs. There are 100s worth 20 plus and there are some that aren't.

Set a budget and get what you can get. Nothing that anyone writes here is worth anything. early 200s are fugly for the time being.
That will change of course.
Yes, its less than five miles and its a beautiful car. I would like to pay 20k. That's what I offered him in cash. He wouldn't budge on price. Hoping I can wait him out.
I'm already hesitant to take a 100 series off-road (because of potential wear on the vehicle not capability) definitely not taking a 200.

FWIW, I just bought an ‘04 LX with 105k miles for $23.5k....most would say I paid too much but it was exactly what I wanted and have been searching for....very low miles, southern car (no rust), pristine condition inside and out, every single maintenance record/service done at Lexus dealership, timing belt just done, brand new Michelin tires, reputable used car dealer who specialized in LC/LX and no additional dealer fees price was out the door. Do your due diligence to make sure it’s been maintained and if it’s exactly what you want, I say go for it!
Congrats hopefully I can pull the trigger soon. If not on this one, on one that makes me feel like I got what I wanted. That being said i'm willing to be patient and find the right vehicle at the right price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom