2007 lx470 need to buy tomorrow or pass on it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have lead on 2007 Lexus lx470. It has about 156,000 miles, is a Texas car and has no rust. No accidents. 2 owner car with all factory maintance done on time. Has 40 some appts at the dealer on car fax. Owner wants $15,500 what would be a good price? I am going to see him tomorrow afternoon, so advice is wanted now if you have any ideas.

If it’s in good shape, I would buy it. A 2006 by me sold in under 2 days for $16k with similar mileage. The person who bought it drove 10 hours to pick it up.

Timing belt had just been done on it and had new tires. All service maintenance at Lexus.

That’s a great price if it’s up to date on service and rust free. I’d ask when last timing belt was done, but I think will go quick at that price. What color? Interior condition?

That’s a great price if it’s up to date on service and rust free. I’d ask when last timing belt was done, but I think will go quick at that price. What color? Interior condition?
It’s white, interior is in very nice shape. I was thinking of offering $14,500

Jump on that deal before someone else does, esp if it's clean.

Decent price. I'd consider an LX of that age with that many miles. I don't know what other options you're entertaining ... 200-series are sorta within reach and so are the Lexus GXes

If it's in the shape that you've described, and needs nothing but a new owner, it sounds like a fair price for both parties involved.

1) go to the Lexus website and there's a place where you can put in the VIN# to get all of the service that LEXUS dealers have done. I think Lexus is one of the only companies that do this. 2) Check the HEATER T's 3) Put the AHC in H and make sure it holds, then drive slowly. Get up to 19mph and make sure it goes to N. 4) Find out if the water pump/cam seals/idler pulley was done along with timing belt. 5) pull out all 8 coil packs and check for oil. If you see oil on any of them, the tube seals on the valve covers are leaking.

1) go to the Lexus website and there's a place where you can put in the VIN# to get all of the service that LEXUS dealers have done. I think Lexus is one of the only companies that do this. 2) Check the HEATER T's 3) Put the AHC in H and make sure it holds, then drive slowly. Get up to 19mph and make sure it goes to N. 4) Find out if the water pump/cam seals/idler pulley was done along with timing belt. 5) pull out all 8 coil packs and check for oil. If you see oil on any of them, the tube seals on the valve covers are leaking.
I have gone to the Lexus site. Radiator and Ts were replaced about 10,000 miles ago. Thanks about info on ahc

$14k is a good deal. Check the AHC condition. Open the hood and mark the AHC fluid levels are first. Start it up. Keep in park. Shut all doors. operate the High level AHC switch.
Should take 10 seconds or so. open the hood and gauge how low the AHC oil has dropped. Should be lower by 7 marks.:

Take a look here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom