2007 LX470 DS Firewall Grommet replacement part? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi! New owner of a 2007 LX470. Love the truck! Does anyone know the part number or a direct replacement for the DS firewall grommet? I'm suspecting I may have to cut it open to see whether any of the wires are damaged when running wires through from the engine bay to the cabin. After I did that, the ABS, VSC TRAC, VSC OFF, Brake lights all came on. I think I might've damaged some wires when I was poking/cutting. I know there are a lot of threads about those lights coming on for a variety of reasons. In this case, I think that might be the cause, but here's only one way to find out. Or any other ways? Lights have stayed on, gentle braking works fine with the loud beeping only coming on when braking kind of hard where normally ABS would've engaged.

Also, is there any write up on replacing the grommet? Another option is to just cut it open then seal it back up using high temp red rtv perhaps? I was going to seal it anyways after poking through it. Any help and insights would be appreciated!

Best bet is to check Partsouq.com or Toyota Parts departments websites to see if you can find required parts. I think the grommet you are looking for comes as a part of the wiring harness.

A photograph would help in identifying the item in question.

Thanks guys. I'll take a picture later today when I leave the office. It's the driver side firewall grommet right next to /below the brake master cylinder where the main wiring harness goes into the cabin.

Now I'm not sure whether there are any wires damaged inside the grommet - I was cutting/poking the grommet and pulling the cable I was running through pretty aggressively and that's why I was suspecting it. I was installing a Auxbeam Switch Panel. I'll also try to test all the fuses (Engine, DS, PS) later to see whether any of them are blown. Does anyone know whether the abs1 (50amp) and abs 2 (40amp) fuses in the Engine compartment fuse box are bolted down or they can just be pulled straight out like the rest of the small fuses?

The lights came up right after I finished the install, which makes me think I either damaged some wiring or have some blown fuses? It would seem the usual suspects of dirty/faulty wheel speed sensors or faulty brake booster pump/actuator would be too coincidental? Truck only has 87k miles. Gas cap would usually involve CEL, VSC etc. on. CEL doesn't come on on mine. I do have mini vci J2534 coming in the next few days so I can see what codes I get.

My guess is what is circled in red. If so, you buy the wiring harness to get it.

InkedScreenshot 2022-06-22 at 14-08-02 82-02 WIRING & CLAMP diagram 2007 LEXUS LX470.jpg

Ouch! Yes, that is the one. Anyone has cut it open for wiring inspection/repair and silicone it back together?

On a cautionary side note. Be really careful with that harness in general. They are kinda expensive.

Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 14-20-46 82112-60178 Genuine Lexus Wire Engine Room NO.2.png

Thank you. Ran Techstream and got 3 codes - was not surprised.

My question is: could a nicked wire in the harness cause these or it wouldn't? Do these necessarily mean that the brake booster pump and accumulator need to be replaced? What is the proper troubleshooting elimination procedure?

IMG_3952.jpg

I think, if it was clear cause and effect, where this didn't exist before you punched a hole through the grommet to install your Tickle Me Elmo custom horn sound device and these warning lights and codes showed up right after, your best bet is to carefully inspect the harness there, or pay a qualified someone-or-other to do it for you. When I worked at the dealer this stuff was almost 50% of my job, fixing wiring problems created by aftermarket audio or alarm or other wiring addons.

And with care, some tape, and some silicon as you mention it should be fine, but your issue at hand is diagnosis now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom