2007 LX 470 just purchased , strange wires going to mass air flow sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i bought a white 2007 LX with 140K , has excellent service history, I just did the timing belt and valve cover gaskets, and i noticed this strange very thin purple wire running to a small box mounted on the quarter panel, The car idles a little louder than my 2005 LC, i can't figure out what this is? I want to post some pics and see if someone can help? I bought this to keep for a long time I have 290 on my 2005 LC and had planned on keeping the white one for the next 150. It has the AHC delete that appears to be done correctly. Although the mechanic i used for timing belt, valve covers, and fuel pump is old and just retired last week he left a few parts off but he did help me make it right. He left off one timing bolt off the cover, had to re route the cam sensor bc he left it out of the clip and the clip that the fuel line from the filter is gone. Just wanted some insight on the MAF purple wire? The LX had a new computer installed in 2021 it left the owners wife stalled at a light.
Any help would be awesome

Thank you!

IMG_0188.jpeg

IMG_0189.jpeg

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_0192.jpeg

Secondary Air Injection System bypass?

Common on 2uz's to prevent a check engine and limp mode code. AFAIK the only real use for the system is to heat the cats up faster for emissions. I have one on a 2uz, 4R not 100. My pump was replaced prior to me buying but I didn't know what the status of the filter and valves are so I installed one.

This tricks the ECU into thinking its cold so it doesn't turn the system on and actuate the valves. I would assume there's threads on here about this more in depth. Overtime a filter inside falls apart in wet conditions or humid climates and gets the valves stuck open which will cause limp mode because of fumes coming back through those valves. Also the pump can fail and cause a check engine, I don't think limp mode is as likely with just a pump failure YMMV.

Reactions: GTV

Common on 2uz's to prevent a check engine and limp mode code. AFAIK the only real use for the system is to heat the cats up faster for emissions. I have one on a 2uz, 4R not 100. My pump was replaced prior to me buying but I didn't know what the status of the filter and valves are so I installed one.

This tricks the ECU into thinking its cold so it doesn't turn the system on and actuate the valves. I would assume there's threads on here about this more in depth. Overtime a filter inside falls apart in wet conditions or humid climates and gets the valves stuck open which will cause limp mode because of fumes coming back through those valves. Also the pump can fail and cause a check engine, I don't think limp mode is as likely with just a pump failure YMMV.

Agreed. I had a VVTi Sequoia with a similar device. Very common.

Snowman
Thank you for the quick diagnosis. Is something i need to just not worry about? This motor runs little hotter than my 2005 LC but I assume bc the VVI motor is slightly different. My old truck runs 180 and this one about 195ish. Maybe someone installed to pass emissions test in Florida? Thank you again. What a great community!!

Not sure on exact temps, this was recently discussed but I can’t recall what thread. I believe VVTI is slightly hotter. This bypass wouldn’t effect coolant temps though, I’d leave it on. PO might have had a code for the SAIS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom