2007 LX 470 crystal white 17k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m somewhat confused as to why fluids and filters would break down sitting in a garage any more than they would sitting on a shelf unused.Tires..maybe.But other rubber components,not so much.
A sealed container Vs open to the atmosphere and temperature changes can gradually weaken the lubrication properties of a fluid. Typically 30K miles or 5 years is a good interval to replace diff and transfer fluids. The P/S fluid pickup tiny rubber particles in hoses and becomes a sand blaster on all other soft parts causing unwanted wear. I replace P/S fluid once every 2-3 years and the P/S system in all my vehicles (except the cruiser) are still factory! Even my Prizm at 288K miles does not lose fluid. Cruiser got a Reman rack by the previous owner.

Also grease the drive shafts.

The best gear oil in the market is Redline and is bit expensive ( I use Redline gear oil in my Prizm's manual transmission and it made a MASSIVE changein gear shifts). I have Valvoline gear oil in the diffs/transfers and I am happy with the performance.

While I do understand that we’re comparing 2006 dollars to 2023 dollars…

I paid less than that, with good plastic/rubber, unless the model in question has been refurbished, even if
“You know what you have”, that seems overpriced, to an idiot that paid $65+k new…. But maybe I’m just one of those “poor” folk.
its ok to be. the rubber is fine in this vehicle/

not a car guy at all other than a fan. i do not know much at all about mechanical work except basics. my buddy is a mechanic and trust his opinion highly. wondering why a vehicle in this condition would need all that work done? this is where i lack.

the rubber is fine in this vehicle/

Welcome to owning a 16+ year old vehicle. Plastics get brittle over time. Rubber gets “hard”, less flexible, and tends to crack over time. If you intend to put it on display, it probably won’t matter. If you intend to drive it, you may want to dig a little deeper (or have someone else do it for you). It would be a shame to break a timing belt, or plastic heater T, and destroy that low mileage VVTI engine.

Welcome to owning a 16+ year old vehicle. Plastics get brittle over time. Rubber gets “hard”, less flexible, and tends to crack over time. If you intend to put it on display, it probably won’t matter. If you intend to drive it, you may want to dig a little deeper (or have someone else do it for you). It would be a shame to break a timing belt, or plastic heater T, and destroy that low mileage VVTI engine.
i don't doubt that these things can be true, the recent work on this vehicle tells me it will probably be ok for some time but yes these are things i plan on looking into in the near future. i understand these things can and do become brittle and will dive further into it if its not sold.

i don't doubt that these things can be true, the recent work on this vehicle tells me it will probably be ok for some time but yes these are things i plan on looking into in the near future. i understand these things can and do become brittle and will dive further into it if its not sold.
Ah, forgive me for misunderstanding that this was a purchase for your use. @Trunk Monkey ’s comments make a bit more sense now.

WOW!

Even if this thread becoming a soft sell ad... WOW, :cool: what find.

From what you first said about seller. I'll assume you got a great deal?

It will most likely have fuel related issues (correctable)..

WOW!

Even if this thread becoming a soft sell ad... WOW, :cool: what find.

From what you first said about seller. I'll assume you got a great deal?

It will most likely have fuel related issues (correctable)..
amazing deal i have yet to speak on what i paid. thanks its such an amazing car i want to keep it as my daily. but its worth so much i could sell it and buy another with way way more miles lol but still walk with cash in pocket. its been hard to decide truthfully. if it wasn't a collector i wouldn't even care to sell it. but id love to keep it stored in a climate controlled garage and use it once in a while. what to do what to do.

A little bit of the quality of rubber used in the LC vs rest of other vehicles.

I did the complete suspension with all OEM parts on my 97 4R with 220K miles and 00 LC with 235K miles. After I pull the busings off the LC, those were in pretty good condition! That of my 4R had tons of cracks. After the replacement with OEM parts, I did NOT notice any significant improvement in the ride in the LC, but there was a ton of improvement in the 4R.

HeaterT's and Timing belt should be addressed first.

Replace the timing belt with OEM or AISIN kit: Do not go with any other make.

+2

I got a call from a mate with a UZJ200, timing belt was replaced with another "name brand". It failed after about 90,000km (~55k miles).

There must have been something else going on because there is some internal engine damage, mebbe it's due to the 200 series being VVTi (ie variable in and out?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom